Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Another F1 thread-flexi wings be gone
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

So the new tests have been introduced.

Isn't it miraculous how the red bull and ferrari wings seem to be in the same position as everyone elses now?

Admiralable
    Free Member

and the Ferrari's are now slower? Great init? Now under the Fuhrer, I mean max the spank the wings would be banned except on the Ferrari's. Now lets see how far into last year they get walloped for cheating in Germany.

uplink
    Free Member

Are the wings any stiffer or have they just passed the test with the old wing? – AFAIK Ferrari haven't been tested yet.
    I'm yet to see any photos from Spa showing how they behave in use

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trout
    Free Member

good to see Fonzo back there in 10th a bit of Karma at work .

and for tomorrow a dry wet dry wet race and it could be anyones win .

but hoping for a Macca one two

Admiralable
    Free Member

No Hammy, Webber, Button, Kubica, Massa then some others for about 7 or 8 cars then Vettel then Ferstroppo

jamesy01
    Free Member

Now lets see how far into last year they get walloped for cheating in Germany

Thats a bit strong, team orders have and always will play a part in F1!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Now under the Fuhrer, I mean max the spank the wings would be banned except on the Ferrari's. Now lets see how far into last year they get walloped for cheating in Germany.

Not a fan of the most successful team in F1 history, and the team that has given more to F1 than any other?

Ferstroppo

Or Alonso, it seems? The only current F1 driver to beat Schuey to the WC?

I'd quite like to see Alonso take the win, and the little American liar crash trying to stop him. 😀

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Whach you talkin 'bout willis?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

They showed a load of very close up shots on the beeb today. Some new camera boiler too showing the floor from behind the front wing

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Oh and ferrari probably owe almost 50% of their success to the schumacher and the fia.

Given more to f1 than anyone else you say? Care to cite some examples? Any will do

uplink
    Free Member

The floor shots are just the McLaren though AFAIK

The pics on the beeb were just from practice so not representative given that they've dropped the ride height for quali & race in the past

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

In a bizarre twist, did you see the tribute to Gary Coleman at the end of the Qualifying coverage of the Turkish? Nice touch I thought.

Strangelove
    Free Member

the little American liar

Who is American on the grid?

I think Alonso may have gambled on wet weather set up which might pay off. He made a mistake on his first run in final qualifying and part of the track was wet for his second.
    That is why he is in tenth, not any changes that may or may not have been made to a possibly flexible front wing/floor, allegedly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Who is American on the grid?

The little whiny kid with the American accent, you know, the one that lies then pretends to cry when he's 'apologising' to the media. 😉

Strangelove
    Free Member

no, you've lost me

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You know, the one that lives in Switzerland, used to have his dad hanging around all the time, until they found him a girlfriend.

uplink
    Free Member

The little whiny kid with the American accent, you know, the one that lies then pretends to cry when he's 'apologising' to the media

Alonso?

EEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz not fair … boo hooo

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no no you know exactly who I'm talking about… 🙄

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

That's not giving to the sport though is it? A lot of that was in the 60's and 70's when most teams were lucky to last a season. The rest down to schumi. What did they do in the 80's and 90's?
    Also, they cannot win on a level playing field. Only by spending their way to the top. Thier budget is enormous compared to most other teams, and considerably bigger than mac and red bull. That's the main reason they were so opposed to the budget cap. Before the testing can came in, they were doing almost 10 times the mileage of any other team on thier own test track, hence schumi's dominance

Ferrari are just like man united. Most of their fans have never been to old trafford, those who are not fans generally despise them and they're mostly wa****s

Strangelove
    Free Member

Felipe Massa?
    I'm always seeing his dad at the races, and his brother. I didn't know he had a girlfriend though.

uplink
    Free Member

I didn't know he had a girlfriend though.

as well as his wife?

I'd get shot [at least]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Blah blah blah name a team that has given more to F1 then? If you can't appreciate Ferrari's contribution to F1, then you have a very blinkered view of the sport. Ferrari is synonymous with F1. Go watch a GP; see the level of support the Red Team has. Ask motor racing fans worldwide what car manufacturers they associate with motorsport, and they will likely mention Ferrari at some stage.

So, yeah, Ferrari have given more to F1 than any other team. Simple. Success will always have its haterz.

Ferrari are just like man united. Most of their fans have never been to old trafford

Why would a Ferrari fan want to go to Old Trafford? Do they have motor racing there? ❓

uplink
    Free Member

Why would a Ferrari fan want to go to Old Trafford? Do they have motor racing there?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Lol at uplink.

They do have racing actually, there's a daytona kart track there

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah here we go. People being silly because they know I'm right. 😀

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Same old ferrari response.

What does fia stand for? There's a very good reason for it too.
    Nothing more than a bunch of lying, cheating whigers. The italians all leave the track when the ferrari breaks down!

druidh
    Free Member

They were chatting about the new wing stress load test during practice yesterday. IIRC, the test used to apply a load of 50KG and that's now been doubled to 100kg. During high speed running, the actual load on the wing is something like 700Kg. Until they get serious about testing, the situation won't change.

Oh – and quite a few of the teams are running different spec wings depending upon the track (in fact I'm sure one of them us running two different wings on their cars this week).

uplink
    Free Member

the test used to apply a load of 50KG and that's now been doubled to 100kg. During high speed running, the actual load on the wing is something like 700Kg. Until they get serious about testing, the situation won't change.

as it's the same for them all, I guess it doesn't really matter
    just design to pass the tests rather than the rules

as usual, the fact that someone has managed to 'side step' a reg has everyone else complaining

TBH – I quite enjoy all the whinging 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What does fia stand for?

Federation Internationale de l'Automobile.

There's a very good reason for it too.

Yes, because it's an international automobile federation! 😀

Shh now; 'In Bruges' is on.

iain1775
    Free Member

I can't believe this got to 32 posts without someone popping up to remind us that Moto GP is better

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

How many bikes are going to be in moto gp next year?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Isn't the head of the FIA Jean Rodt? He's the ex-boss for Ferrari.

Rumour has it, next year painting your cars red earns an extra six grid slots…

McLaren get caught cheating = massive fines and immediate resignation of their team boss.

Ferrari get caught cheating = $60k fine and a meek request not to do it again.

There's a lot of disparity in the interpretation of the regulations.

donsimon
    Free Member

Most of their fans have never been to old trafford,

I'm a Man Utd fan.
    I've been to Old Trafford.
    I've even lived in Manchester.

😀

Nothing else, move along now.

uplink
    Free Member

Back to the OP

Looking at slow mo & stills – it's fairly obvious that the wings RB & Ferrari used in the race flexed a lot less than they did in recent races

Splash-man
    Free Member

it's fairly obvious that the wings RB & Ferrari used in the race flexed a lot less than they did in recent races

But then Spa is a low down force circuit so not as important as outright speed.

However, I am keen on Ferrari getting a good kicking for once…………
    Mind you watching Schumi struggle is just as much fun 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

But then Spa is a low down force circuit so not as important as outright speed.

The point is they aren't flexing [much] any more
    It's the high speed corners were it was an advantage – it was very obvious at places like Hockenheim & Silverstone on the fast bends but it seems to have corrected itself [somehow] now 🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Another F1 thread-flexi wings be gone’ is closed to new replies.