Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another dropper thread – not enough travel.
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Inspired by reading other dropper threads I examined my two setups more closely:

Race bike (26″ Scale): Seat all the way up, all my fastest times in Surrey hills set on this inc some pretty eroded, steep stuff with jumps etc.

Play bike: Single speed Blue Pig with seat all the way down. Ride it all day standing up and it’s a hoot. Also have got into hitting some proper jumps at PORC where you definitely want the seat out of the way.

Problem for me with a dropper is that there’s 7.5 inches height difference between the two settings(just measured them), and no dropper accommodates that.

chiefgrooveguru

This used to bug me until I started looking at the seat height on DH bikes – they’re not as low as I was expecting!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Got a 6″ drop KS Supernatural on my Meta 5. Would 1.5″ of height bother you that much? You could even spilt that, .75″ higher than normal dropped and .75″ lower than normal at full height. Bet your wouldn’t even notice it.

RobHilton
    Free Member
    bland

You don’t need a seat slammed all of the way down, you have just got used to it as thats what you do, I’d find that horrible

BearBack
    Free Member

Even if you get a seat post with a 1 inch drop on your scale, you will be measurably faster on the downs.
    I’m not sure what all the fuss is about for a slammed saddle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another dropper thread – not enough travel.’ is closed to new replies.