Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anglesey holiday cottage recommendations?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ideally Trearddur bay area

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of acres there but no cottage unfortunately however I know people who rent out a property on Anglesey but not that close to Trearddur Bay, it’s a little east of Trefor.

davetrave
    Free Member

We’ve stayed here before:

The Lookout

2 adult bedrooms and a kid’s bedroom with bunkbed. The photo of the back garden doesn’t do justice – the view from the decking is great, you can see right across the bay. It’s at the end of a cul-de-sac, nice and quiet and you can get to the beach via little path next to the gazebo that crosses an open, grassy area, takes about 3 minutes and is a few hundred metres away…

MartynS

not where you wanted, but really, really nice

HERE

zokes
    Free Member

My in-laws look after these places in Rhoscolyn, which is a simply beautiful part of the world. Good pub, and if you’re very (un)lucky, you might bump into the providers of next weekend’s extra time off…

http://plaslanecottages.co.uk/

davetrave
    Free Member

Rhoscolyn – the White Eagle’s a very nice pub indeed!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

http://www.menaiholidays.co.uk/accommodation/details/hen_house#

Stayed here a few years ago, not quite where you’d like but just a short drive. 1 bed and they take well behaved dogs! The owners have a small hotel on site and their restaurant is very nice. 😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother – Anglessey is a dump!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

And what exactly are you basing that gem of insight on? Sure it’s got a few dodgy bits (I’d avoid Holyhead on a Saturday night), but where hasn’t?

It’s got some stunning beaches, lovely coastal scenery – especially on the North coast – and you can always find somewhere to escape the hordes. I grew up there and still miss it.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Holyhead and Valley could be better, granted, and the A5/55 isn’t great, but Anglesey has some beautiful bays, beaches, wildlife, walks, etc. Not many decent pubs though IME 🙁
    If you want the livelier bit go to Treardur and Rhosneiger area, otherwise north coast from Valley for the quieter life. Sorry I can’t make any specific recommendations, Mrs OG’s family had a place there but unfortunately they had to get rid…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Malu Cachu!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member

Best stay away then and keep everyone happy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anglesey holiday cottage recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.