• This topic has 75 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • anger……all the time?
  • ton

i feel angry pretty much all of the time. i dont lose my temper, or rant, or fly off the handle, but i feel a pent up kind of anger pretty much all the time.

i used to be a happy, jokey type of person, i am now the opposite and i dont know why.

any idea’s?

scotroutes

You’re getting old?

You’re not getting any?

You’re not buying enough new bikes (only partially joking here, there can be a certain short-lived happiness that comes from buying new toys)

SaxonRider

Depression? Hormonal changes?

Regardless, I sympathise. One thing I would definitely do, though, is fight it. Psychologically, ongoing anger can be so undermining.

As I was once very helpfully told: fake being happy, and eventually it will become genuine. It seems to be an honestly helpful tool in the struggle to overcome anger.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You can’t have any lamb? 😉

project
    Free Member

i feel angry pretty much all of the time. i dont lose my temper, or rant, or fly off the handle, but i feel a pent up kind of anger pretty much all the time.

labour supporter, and realising this lot in power are destroying everything we worked to achieve

Swelper
    Free Member

Lack of food, sleep, stress, anxiety.

My GF is suffering the same, always angry and edgy. Not a nice place to be for the two of us

Suggest some professional help or a mind reset.

scotroutes

37 years is a long time to be angry

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Change the record, project.

Ton, it could indeed be depression. As ever with this, proper medical advice is better than us lot.

butcher

Have you been exposed to any radiation recently? Gamma rays. Anything like that?

anagallis_arvensis

Stress makes me angry

chewkw
    Free Member

ton – Member
    any idea’s?

Ya, because you have suddenly come into your awareness that you are surrounded by zombie maggots (not your family members or love ones but the environment) hence the feeling you’re developing. You are now angry because you try to contain it …

Investigate a bit more then report back …

As usual … I told you so … I see them ZM coming.

😮

Ben_H

Maybe it’s this…

MoreCashThanDash

Too much time reading crap on here?

More seriously, does sound like a build of stress/anxiety/depression. A chat with your GP now might save you more problems down the line. Trust me!

chewkw
    Free Member

Ben_H – Member
    Maybe it’s this…

Crikey … 😯
    Looks like there will be more ZMs roaming around due to the parasite.

Davesport

Buy a heavy bag and some gloves.

trademark
    Free Member

Ton, are you chilled when riding your bike, or doing something else that you enjoy?
    Is your anger only when you’re with people?

Drac

No pudding? No chamomile tea?

xcracer1
    Free Member

Ive noticed that worry (threat) —> fear response —-> can be expressed as anger.

Find what you are thinking/worrying about and stop doing it, then the fear dies down, which eliminates the anger. Sometimes the little voice in your head is a great big liar, but is good at making up stories which we can start to believe in if not careful.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Possibly feelings of futility?

IIRC your kids are up and away aren’t they? It’s quite feasible that what we strive for all our days – mortgage paid, comfortable living achieved, and dependants not really needing us any more may not actually make us happy, as were then left with a bit of a void and lack of direction/feeling of usefulness.

I can pretty much guarantee that my wife will feel exactly that way when our daughter sets sail. And I probably will too.

ton

Ton, are you chilled when riding your bike, or doing something else that you enjoy?

i think i am quite chilled when riding my bike. commute 20 miles per day in leeds. dont have many angry confruntations.

wilburt
    Free Member

Middle age ton, you haven’t scored the winner in the fa cup, your not the prime minister and you dont have a yacht. Other than that you have a better life than your parents(thats all they wanted for you) and your kids will have a better one than you.

Thats it, that’s all there is, which is pretty good, take a walk around the abbey and be grateful for the good stuff.

SaxonRider

If you remember Lou Ferrigno, you may find this funny.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5OXRoM5aA[/video]

ton

think i am gonna watch a load of wheel tappers and shunters stuff on the internet, and see if it raises a grin. 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Stress makes me angry

^ This.

I know how you feel Ton. Getting out and doing 30 miles of mountain biking is the only thing that keeps me sane at the moment.

nickc

It’s a strong “doing” emotion. Can be a sign that something in your life needs changing. while you say that you’re angry all the the time, it may be worth thinking about what’s triggering it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Phoenix nights ton, always raises a chuckle.

vickypea
    Free Member

I know it’s already been suggested above, but my first thought was anxiety or stress. Are you feeling well physically?
    I’ve had a near-constant migraine for the past month and at times it makes me feel frustrated and angry. Bike riding generally helps me.

mrchrispy

dog aids from a tick. its obvious

ctk

No advice, but me too.

Actually some advice don’t slam glass doors.

redstripe
    Free Member

Diet? Coffee / caffeine and msg/food additives made me on edge and full of anger, seemed to get more sensitised with age. All avoided now, much more relaxed, just stay away from Pringles, spawn of the devil those things

wilburt
    Free Member

Good point, try not to get involved with any companies that are going to tell you your call is important them, its not and it will just turn you into victor meldrew.

aracer
    Free Member

I wonder how somebody who scored the winner in the FA cup or who used to be the PM feels when all that’s behind them? Something I heard the other day – for Neil Armstrong the whole of the rest of his life was an anti-climax. In a much smaller way I certainly get a bit down after a big event or something else exciting in my life – it’s always been this way looking back, though it used to be just a minor dullness and now I’m mostly depressed it’s rather more of an issue (it’s another one of these catch 22s of being depressed – I’m glad I went up some mountains last weekend, but I haven’t half felt shit this week).

Anyway, that’s going wildly OT – I also used to be angry a lot of the time, but then I decided not to be as it isn’t actually fun. Kind of glib (and I wish it was as easy to decide to be happy), but it’s actually an active rather than a passive thing, because I try to just ignore the things which make me angry. Doesn’t always work – I suspect the kids will be talking for years about me getting into a fight with the bloke who parked his truck on the pavement (I shouted rude words at him, he pushed me).

allan23
    Free Member

Got a sudden liking for cats too?

Someone linked above as well – could be cat mind control parasite aids 🙂

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cat-parasite-toxoplasa-gondii-linked-to-anger-aggression-rage/

hora
    Free Member

Anxiety

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s your inner chimp getting stressed.

scaled
    Free Member

Have is been dawning on you, slowly, over the last couple of weeks that your life is incomplete without a Maserati?

jimmy

What Scochegg said. Read the Chimp Paradox. I’m due a refresher myself.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I had a time when I felt very similar after my parents both died of cancer in quick succession, mundane things like someone beeping me in the car would make me rage quite badly. I had a chat with my wife who was worried I’d end up bashing someone and saw a counsellor for a few sessions which helped me get back to my old self.
    I do still feel pretty cross much of the time but then I look at the world around me and anyone sane would be at least a bit angry.

stumpy01

I’ve been feeling the same to be honest over the last couple of years…

People always used to ask me how I was always so cheerful; particularly at work.
    But, now I just seem to be constantly grumpy & annoyed with things. Sometimes it’s really stupid, irrational things.
    I do think about going to the doctors and mentioning it, but then tell myself that I should just snap out of it myself.

I think in my situation it is a combination of trying to get things done and not feeling like I have enough time….
    There’s always jobs around the house to be done as well as a list of DIY projects that never seem to get off the paper.
    All my ‘hobbies’ seem to be slowly dying a death & I have no ‘me’ time to just fart ass about in the garage or go for a long ride without that constant niggling feeling that I should be at home doing some kind of necessary ‘chore’.

Funnily enough, I bought that Chimp Paradox book mentioned above, but haven’t had the time (ha ha) to read it……

jimmy

Chimp Paradox can be hard going, I’ve never finished it but what I’ve read makes sense and just helps manoeuvre your mind a bit.

Also, don’t underestimate just having an open chat with a friend. You’ll be laughing about the small stuff that’s making you “angry” in no time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘anger……all the time?’ is closed to new replies.