Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Andy Stand is it any good. Static or folding?
  • dexa

Tempted with the folding version, is it as stable as the static model?
    An orange colour version would match my bike..! New to me Cotic Soul.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Well I have the folding and use it mostly for washing the bikes, the problem with using it for mechanical duties is that most of the time this can involve gears or potentially rear brake and because it slots through the crank arm its then annoyingly complicated. Find it perfectly stable as a washing aid though just have to be careful I dont push the bike off it.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Happy with my folding one, keeps one of the bikes tidy in the garage, good for washing bikes, but don’t rotate the cranks as this always works the bike off the stand!

Some crank types don’t fit also….

dexa

Thanks for the advice. I will go for the folding one, will be able to pack it in the car when going away.

duncancallum

Try one of these…
    http://www.od-designs.co.uk/products/odpod

They allow the cranks to be spun

brickwizard
    Free Member

Love my rigid one, such a simple design that works perfect

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fancied a couple of these but realised they don’t work with my road cranks, or my sixc.

Mugboo

I couldn’t go back to chasing my bike round while washing it. Imagine how many times you will wash your bike over your lifetime? Seems dear till you try one.

Mugboo

Folding by the way.

dexa

Thanks guys, folding Andy Stand is my preferred choice. The od design did sway me for a while.

BoardinBob

So good I’ve got 4 of them.

3 for bike storage and one lives in the van for races and rides. Great bit of kit

downhilldave

Another vote for the Odd Pod here, used for washing and maintenance jobs on the bike. No problem doing gear indexing etc with it and pretty stable too. Even take it in my flight bag when I go away.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Isn’t the main issue with the odpod that it only fits external bottom brackets, or those with dinky shells?

downhilldave

Mines internal Sram Xx1 and fits fine.

qwerty
    Free Member

This is simple & works well.

http://www.willworx.com/products.html

Try Riverside Cycle Centre.

duncancallum

The od ones adjustable for different widths.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I made one of these years ago before these came to market out of some conduit I bent and welded at work. My name is also Andy.
    They are very good and I have made another one since with a slight tip back to stop the bike falling off when rotating the and a bolt that You can set how far the bike goes onto the stand to allow the pedals to not hit the stand.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Andy Stand is it any good. Static or folding?’ is closed to new replies.