Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Andy Powell…
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

To all your slaggers, ive met him a few times through mutual friends, he’s thick as a brush but a nice lad at heart.

i love all you keyboard warriors love to have him stood infront of you when your spouting your crap;)

‘apparently’ he was enjoying a few beers with his new mate Tim and a laod of footie yobs started haivng a crack, they wound him up, wound him up and he finally lost it sparked a few of them out then someone owned him with a very large solid bar stool.

Martyn Williams was world class

Sorry cannot agree, wonderfully talented and a joy to watch, he could do things no other flanker would but he was never world class. There have always been at least 5 players better than him. He’s no where near the standard of Mcaw.

i agree 100%

Scamper
    Free Member

That’s not quite the story he put up to start with though, is it?

Regardless as to who threw what punch first, professional rugby players should know not to put themselves in that position and react that way as Moore suggests

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/wales/8478524/Brian-Moore-Wales-need-Gavin-Henson-and-Andy-Powell-but-they-should-grow-up-or-go-away.html

backhander
    Free Member

I’ve not always been his biggest fan but he has done well at Wasps.
    Whatever happened in the pub, I feel quite sad for anyone losing their job.
    Looks like “handsome Gav” got another crack of the whip though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anagallis_arvensis

Brian I have a conviction for assualt Moore?
    by the way I think Powell is a legend!

robh

Phil Waugh is just a cheat, no mad skillz no nothing, hits poeple late off the ball hands in everything I’ve ever seen, no need for that kind of play in any game.

toys19
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Brian I have a conviction for assualt Moore?

Well if you read the article he refers to his conviction and makes no excuse for it, but then that comment wasn’t about a serious reflection it was just you exhibiting your untrammelled hatred for anything English. Get over it, it is very dull.

BTW he is very complimentary about Henson.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats actually a very good piece from Moore.

As an aside about Moore – as a player I disliked him and as a commentator when he first started I hated him for his partiality as an England fan – far too one eyed.

however as he has matured he has improved greatly and he is now one of my favourite commentators of and on the game.

……….., was sufficient notice that you are not always at your sharpest after a few sherbets.

duckman

Moore was ace as a player! Winner from start to finish,NEVER took a backward step in his life.As for Waugh being a cheat Robh,you have just described the perfect no7 to me.Waugh played at the same time as Smith who moved postion to accomodate him.

anagallis_arvensis

noting to do with hating the english, which i dont, More is often quite funny, nd I have read the articl. But I cnnot stand players who have retired slagging players who are still playing fo doing the same things they did.

Scamper
    Free Member

AA – read the article.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Duckman – he was so bitter and ungracious after the 1990 grand slam game, It took him years to get over it.

toys19
    Free Member

who AA or Brian Moore?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m guessing Moore.

AA has always been bitter. 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Moore. Ok he was disappointed but he was ungracious and bitter and that persisted for many years.

toys19
    Free Member

Bitterness is something that can be forgiven, we forgive you for it 😀 😀

Only joking.. It was just too tempting..

bullheart
    Free Member

i love all you keyboard warriors love to have him stood infront of you when your spouting your crap;)

I’d have no issue with this. I used to play a decent standard (Nat. League 1, 2N) and if a player can’t take criticism (Spen Guardian once described me as having ‘…electic pace. Like a milk-float…’ 🙁 ) then they’ve no place in the public eye.

…he finally lost it…

Not good enough. But as you’ve said, you’ve met him a few times and he’s ‘thick as a brush’. Presumably you’ve told him that?

Scamper
    Free Member

To be fair apparently Moore’s most recent book is a very good read – in terms of being bitter and twisted he even admits to not celebrating England’s world cup triumph. Has recently given Thompson a lot of plaudits for beating his caps record.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Andy Powell…’ is closed to new replies.