Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Android watch
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Any advice/recommendations?

They seem to start at £60.

Would like touch screen, Google maps/navigation, possibly heart rate and waterproof.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Look for the Samsung gear s original watch. I had one for nearly 2 years and it was a good bit of kit.

colournoise

Had a Sony Smartwatch 3 for a couple of months now. No HR monitor (wrist ones are notoriously iffy anyway?), but does everything else pretty well. The styling (or lack of it) put some reviewers of it but doesn’t bother me – form follows function and all that.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What about a Pebble? No touch screen, but I like mine a lot. Battery lasts for ages too. I looked at the Android watches, but Pebble ticked more boxes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta all. Guess I need to do my homework. Stoner recommended his sh pebble.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’ve got the “OG” Pebble. Then new stuff looks good too New Pebble

I wear my Pebble everyday and I get 5 days out of the battery. I like the vibrating alarm on it.

Stoner
    Free Member

after abusing my pebble for a few months I def reco it….but…thats only if you want to sue it as I do.

Mrs S has a garmin all singing dancing thing. Great. But hobbled by Garmin’s luddite firmware, mixed with some decent training algorithms.

I like mine for notifications (all of them, everything that is notified on my phone goes to the watch), loooooong battery, and relatively useful 3rd party apps. google Navigate particularly good. But I mainly use it for notifications and a few canned responses to hangout texts

Still loads wrong with it though (some fixed in later versions) such as microphone, no email viewer, etc

still love it though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have the basic hr activity tracking Garmin, tells me the weather, start stop skip on music on the phone and does app notifications along with answers calls. Great at that stuff, not convinced the full on ones offer enough at enough quality yet.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta all. I think navigation is a biggies, also checking texts.

Sony seems good value.

Will do more research!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Android watch’ is closed to new replies.