Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • And it begins, Lars Boomed
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

I should have gone with Lars Booooooooooooooooo(m)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was about to post the same! I’d have gone with “Boom! And the race is gone!”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Astana? Who’d have thunk it?.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😥
    😥
    😥

grahamt1980

As no beer said. Was going to be astana.
    Wonder if more will get pinged during the race

eddie11
    Free Member

thats a shame. i like lars boom. i’m not well up on my masking agents and microdosing strategies these days, what are the chances this is all entirely innocent?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what are the chances this is all entirely innocent?

scaredypants

I wonder what it’d take for them to revisit the general case against astana – supposedly UCI reserved the right/intention to do so if there was more smoke

simondbarnes

Witch hunt.

pondo

I wonder what it’d take for them to revisit the general case against astana – supposedly UCI reserved the right/intention to do so if there was more smoke

If that isn’t game over for Astana, surely it’s only just round the corner?

scaredypants

sdb – is that different from close scrutiny following a flurry of infringements and a near loss of licence ?

grahamt1980

Witch hunt?
    Not when it is astana, you don’t get that many doping positives in a team without something going on systematically.
    Having read the reasoned decision it was pretty clear they wouldn’t have got a license last year had all the doping issues been identified before the applications

nemesis
    Free Member

TUE misuse I’ll bet. Not explicitly against the rules and I’m sure it’s widely abused, including by some closer to home.

But unfortunately as it’s been shown that the bio passport can be managed, I’m sure this is the least of the real issues.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If that isn’t game over for Astana, surely it’s only just round the corner?

Astana = Greece

OK, OK, one more chance, but this is SERIOUSLY the last time, OK? No, seriously.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😕
    😥
    😥

nemesis
    Free Member

This is a voluntary withdrawal in line with mpcc ‘rules’ and not a formal ban. And from what I hear, Astana are challenging it which may mean he rides anyway as has happened before.

Basically they’re taking the proverbial but since it’s voluntary I can’t see that there could be any formal sanction for Astana

bikebouy
    Free Member

But Lars 😕
    😥

beej

Vino saying Boom will ride, and they will leave MPCC. They aren’t allowed to replace him this late so it’s either that or start a man down.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😥

grahamt1980

Just ridiculous that they are allowed a license.

bikebouy
    Free Member

One more then i’m off to bed..

😥

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The way teams are dropping from MPCC I would be surprised if he didn’t ride. It’s hard but let’s not jump the gun, this isn’t necessarily doping…It is but you know…benefit of the doubt and all that…

eddie11
    Free Member

Credible cycling movement and it has Astana in it :-/

speckledbob
    Free Member

This is not making my fantasy league team any easier.

matts
    Free Member

It’s just a low cortisol level. Not a doping positive. The MPCC withdrawal rules are around rider health.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

What matts said, its to protect riders health , http://inrng.com/2013/06/mpcc-cortisol-test/

TiRed

Low cortisol – has he taken too much inhaled corticosteroid for pollen-induced asthma?

Not in my team but bertie is at the moment

mildred

Low Cortisol levels are more often caused by overtraining syndrome and anxiety. They can be a sign that someone has been taking hydrocortisone (your body stops producing it if you take supplements), but it could be for many other reasons too.

As much as any association with Astana & Vino coupled with a chemical imbalance looks bad, it’s a bit of a leap to state he’s been doping. It’s also shows an utterly shoddy attitude towards their employees if they insist an athlete rides with low cortisol levels (unless they know why it’s low…).

pondo

As much as any association with Astana & Vino coupled with a chemical imbalance looks bad, it’s a bit of a leap to state he’s been doping.

I get that, but with their recent history they need to be cleaner than clean and this doesn’t help.

DanW
    Free Member

Vino saying Boom will ride, and they will leave MPCC. They aren’t allowed to replace him this late so it’s either that or start a man down.

Same attitude as Lotto and no-one is complaining about that. In fact almost everyone was over the moon that Kruijswijk was lighting up the mountains as a bit of a lesser known rider but no-one had any funny connotations about that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Morning 😥

Actually I’m a huge fan of his, bothered by the low levels, more concerned that he’s not riding TBH than any speculation over the speculative conversations..

Hard man off the front in the early stages ? what could be more thrilling….

😥

bikebouy
    Free Member

😀
    8)

Lifer
    Free Member

😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Much the same thoughts as bikebouy when I heard this, do like Lars, shame he rides for Astana.

I’m surprised Astana even bother with the MPCC. I’d be surprised if any of their sponsors or supporters give a toss about whether they are in or out. And it’s not really made them any more credible in the eyes of the general public!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘And it begins, Lars Boomed’ is closed to new replies.