Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bothies, Bikes and Bogs – Blog post
  • johndburns
    Free Member

I can see the bothy from here. It’s tantalisingly close. In fact I’ve been able to see the bothy for quite a while. Seeing it is not the problem, getting to it is. This is my second attempt to mountain bike into a bothy, I failed last time. It was all a bit embarrassing really, I went the wrong way, had to carry the bike and when finally, I managed to ride it, I fell off and was laughed at by dogs.

This time I am going to make it, even if it kills me as, I am beginning to believe, it certainly will. The first eight miles or so were fine. I actually managed to ride the bike most of the way into Glen Beag to get to the little bothy deep in the Highland glen. All was good until the Land Rover track I was riding ran into a bog. They say you should try everything once. Let me save you the trouble of trying this experience, just take my word for it, pushing a heavily laden mountain bike through a peat bog is absolutely no fun at all. It’s like trying to heave my grandmother sat on a settee, eating chips, across the Himalayas. (She was big woman, my grandmother) In fact if I had managed to enter purgatory without having had this experience I wouldn’t have been too upset at all.

Read more here https://johndburns.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/the-bothies-bikes-and-bogs/

AlasdairMc

Do you just spam the forum with blog posts?

martinhutch

Why not? It’s a lot better than most of the content flagged up on here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

Lots of folk link to their blogs on here. I’ve been known to do it more than once (though mostly in replying to other posts). It would be good to see a bit more of a contribution to the forum though. 😀

What are your thoughts on B+ and the democratic deficit?

piemonster

I’m more interested if the OP develops a nasty case of Campylobacter, as I did upon visiting that bothy.

scotroutes

No shit?

piemonster

Yes shit, lots of shit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bothies, Bikes and Bogs – Blog post’ is closed to new replies.