Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Anbody else's girlfriend/wife hate MTB's?
  • philfive
    Free Member

Just struck lucky and got a brand new in box O’Neil AT1 helmet for £25 including postage and the wife has a cob on.
    A £110 helmet for a fraction of the cost and she says I put the bike before her 🙁

If it was a pair of shoes with 50% off she would be all over it.

Does anyone else feel my pain?

Rorschach
    Free Member

My missus gave me an ultimatum….her or bikes.
    I don’t miss her…………

andywoods
    Free Member

put your foot down, be a man, show her who`s boss!!!! then buy her some flowers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Against everything really, the bikes is just one more example ….

philfive
    Free Member

Well I’ve hot the helmet so she can sulk but it’s just irritating.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

sexist

keyses2

Being a girl who rides it’s my boyfriend that doesn’t like bikes, however he’s learn’t to accept that bikes do live in the house and at least 1 will come on holiday with us and there’s no point trying to stop me riding etc etc. His lack of interest does mean that he can’t tell the difference between my bikes nor does he notice new components …… 🙂

singlespeedstu

You’re not allowed to spend £25 of your own money on something you want?

You need to grow a pair.

Rorschach
    Free Member

How would growing 2 more helmets help?

tomhoward

Mtfu, or find a stealthier way of getting things….

scaled
    Free Member

My girlfriend is a cyclist but hates mountain bikes, she doesn’t even like the look of them!

Her road bikes live in the conservatory, mine live in the shed.

She doesn’t mind me spending my money on them or resent me riding though, and we go out for quite a few family rides with me on her old MTB and her on (one of) her road bikes. She’s ace really 😀

philfive
    Free Member

Hey I got the helmet so no need for me to MTFU or grow 2 more baby makers plus I don’t hide things from her, I just tell her. My beef is that she is sat here sulking about it. On the plus side I can watch the rampage without her bending my ear 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

Not mine she loves her ‘Dale F700 we just need to get my mum to babysit so we can start getting out together again.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

No.

That’s what ex-girlfriends are for.

Taff
    Free Member

I told my mrs I was a cyclist when I got together and that it was something she had to accept. I agreed to stop riding 6 times a week when I met her and now only do 3 rides. She gets annoyed when bike bits arrived at home all the time and didn’t like the fact that I wasn’t spending money on her. No point in arguing about her make up etc as ‘it’s not the same’. New job accepts personal mail so that was the answer to that. She has a Scott Contessa which she loves riding but doesn’t have the confidence or fitness to do it other than on a jolly. She recognises the costs of components especially if you want then to look nice ad be pink!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

My missus doesn’t ride, is not interested in the slightest but has no problem with me or my bike or riding. She is awesome!

matt_outandabout

N+1(-W)

squiff
    Free Member

My missus doesn’t ride, is not interested in the slightest but has no problem with me or my bike or riding. She is awesome!

Same here 😀

singlespeedstu

How would growing 2 more helmets help?

Maybe he could swap them for a backbone. 😆

scaled
    Free Member

I should add, the downside is that if i order anything nice from CRC that’s even vaguely read related there’s a chance it’ll be niced, base layers, socks etc tend to end up missing after being washed…

HermanShake
    Free Member

Nice bargain!

I think this says it all:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDK70zO-Eo[/video]

Duggan

Hate would be a strong word but she is massively ambivalent towards bikes and probably wouldn’t notice if I actually bought a brand new one in a totally different colour even though the current one lives in the hall in the flat and had done for two years.

She does encourage my mtbing though as she’s savvy enough to realise that it keeps me out of trouble.

Surprised people’s partners are against them cycling, it’s pretty good, clean fun. Next time they get a cob on tell them you’ve given up cycling and have have taken up smoking crack instead.

philfive
    Free Member

lol at the backbone comment, excellent example of not reading the post correctly. At least I’m not the only one that gets the earache for thier hobby, I’d like to bet that 90% of the man up or grow some comments are just as harrased as I am.

🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s important yer plus one either gets what yer into or doesn’t complain about it.

Otherwise it’ll end in tears.

That’s my experience of it..

M6TTF
    Free Member

My wife has no interest In bikes but after the bills are paid, what I buy is fine, and whatever she buys is fine

singlespeedstu

excellent example of not reading the post correctly

Post read correctly.
    Answer not read understood correctly. 😉
    Partner sulking over £25 worth of cycling anything kit= wrong partner. 🙁

philfive
    Free Member

Get a backbone points towardse letting her have her way, that doesn’t haven’t but she doesn’t and I get stuff anyway but she likes to be vocal about what I spend on my bike. She is the most amazing woman ever but she just doesn’t like me spending loads of money on my bike 🙂 plus we are getting married on Friday and I was supposed to be spending nothing 🙂

Bregante

tbh the thought never occurred to me to ask her…..

spacemonkey

Tell her you’ll give her £85 towards the next handbag, jacket or pair shoes/boots she wants 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

Spacemonkey, she may hold me too it.

steviecapt
    Free Member

get rid live on ur own, and when u need sex pay for it like the bike stuff job done

zippykona

If you can spare the money,why not?
    I really don’t think women like men that much. There is a real sisterhood thing going on.
    In my shop we have all kinds of gifts. There is a teddy bear in an aeroplane that the young boys make a bee line to. Mum always says put it back. We’ve had those bears for a long time.
    A girl can come in and pick up a dolly and there’s a good chance mum will buy it.
    Mothers Day ,dad will come in with flowers,buy a bit of jewellery and a big box of chocs.
    Fathers Day,dad will be lucky to get a small box of chocs.
    All our pink items will out sell the blue ones by at least double.
    Gents,we are being f..ked over.
    If you have a son go and spoil him tomorrow.
    I have no personal axe to grind with the fairer sex but its well known in the gift trade that its mainly ladies buying for ladies.
    On our way out on holiday my wife spent over £200 on clarins in duty free as she wants to look nice for me.
    We can’t win against logic like that.

philfive
    Free Member

Excellent point Zippy, while “discussing” my eBay purchase, I brought up the fact she bought a massive bottle of perfume on 5 hours previous, here reply was “well I have to smell nice for our wedding”…….. Well I have to have head protection for downhilling isn’t a valid response.

Bang on Zippy we are being done over.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

you dont want to turn up at the wedding with your head cracked open or miss it because you were in hospital with a serious head injury.were you not only thinking of her and her big day when you bought the helmet !!

br
    Free Member

My wife has horses, whatever I buy doesn’t come close…

prezet
    Free Member

Just let her sulk – carry on as normal and don’t even rise to it. Like someone else said, after the bills are paid what you spend your money on is up to you. I’d nip it in the bud quickly, only going to get worse once you sign that bit of paper 😉

klumpy
    Free Member

Seen this sort of rubbish with 2 friends. Both times the collection of action packed manly hobbies were indisputably a big part of what attracted the girls, but once they were together then said hobbies were supposed to stop!?!

(I sometimes suspect some women think a bloke’s interesting hobbies are put on in order to attract girls.)

simonside
    Free Member

No, I took a long time to find the right one, biking being so important to me, why not find a girl that shares my passion?

stufive
    Free Member

I must have a very understanding partner..the only time she complains is when I spend more time on bikes than I do with her and the little en..which is fair enough really..now wheres me bike 🙂

Kryton57

My wife loves it, it gets me away from her for hours on end and sometimes whole weekends.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Anbody else's girlfriend/wife hate MTB's?’ is closed to new replies.