Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Anbody else's girlfriend/wife hate MTB's?
  • shakers
    Free Member

I’d confront her about it but I suggest wearing the helmet in case she flips out and starts to beat you about the head with a new pair of stiletto heels.
    😡

cinnamon_girl

Back from bike ride now, still fuming, seriously, this forum supposed to be about discussing bikes and trails, if men want to slag off wives/girlfriends go to chat forum. End of.

Not had a good ride then Tess?

*I think* some were joking and some were not. Made me laugh anyway. 😀

philfive
    Free Member

Don’t read it then Tess 🙂

kbrpro
    Free Member

Think my wife loves her bike more than me! All I have to do is buy her some new bits for her bike and I’m in her good books 🙂 Here’s a pic of her finishing the build of her new bike last weekend.

damion
    Free Member

Oh you lot are lucky, blimey I’m trying to get her to enforce a one in one out policy as its getting ridiculous. There’s no room for any of mine any more. Long travel, short travel, hard tail. AND NOW A BMX?!?! She wants a dropper post on all her bikes now, not just the long travel, I havent even got one on my big bike.

Honestly. Grass? Greener? Never is. 🙂

proberts
    Free Member

My gf gets the hump with the constant upgrading of stuff and when bike stuff turns up in the post. I began to hide things and even got some sexy formula brakes delivered to work to avoid the inevitable questioning. I quickly decided it was pathetic to hide these things and if she doesn’t like it she can use the door. We don’t talk much anymore

aidanoggy
    Free Member

My Mrs knows her place 😀

Actually she was made fully aware of my bike habit when we first met. And knows how important it is to me ( i think the three bikes in the conservatory gave it away!) She isnt a keen cyclist but as long as I make an effort to balance our free time, particularly weekends when she isnt working, then everything@s fine. Which is fair enough.
    Although she was a little miffed for about ten minutes when I brought the new (to me) Anthem home. Seems I’d forgotten to mention the fact despite her having seen the texts on my phone arranging it! I did say I was going to sell my Brompton to fund it, but she’s refusing to let me. She’s a love

Marin
    Free Member

My Mrs hates my 3 bikes in the kitchen because they are always in front of her bikes. 🙂

jag61

mrs g got into cycling via some triathloning using my old mtb to start with now loving her road bike which means most spending is ok providing her baby is well cared for. Sadly dont get out much together at the moment but really enjoy those times out. should have done it all many years (decades)ago!!

whatgoesup

My missus is great – she loves me biking as she can see that it makes me happy, plus it keeps the beer belly at bay. I think that the switch from kitesurfing which meant dropping whatever was planned to rush to the coast for the whole day everytime it was windy helped.

She’s even liking biking herself since we upgraded her £170 decathalon bike to a Specialized Myka FSR Expert. Suddenly she “gets” lightweight components, she’s now rather proud of her upgraded Pro2/ZTR355 tubeless wheelset, and hence doesn’t get upset when I buy nice stuff.

labsey
    Free Member

Nope. Doesn’t ride but is fine with mine.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Back from bike ride now, still fuming, seriously, this forum supposed to be about discussing bikes and trails, if men want to slag off wives/girlfriends go to chat forum. End of.

My advice would be to go for another ride – the last wasnt long enough obviously! 😉

Seriously why be pissed about it?

Wheres it got you?

My 2c would be to not read the thread in the 1st place if it annoys you..

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Anbody else's girlfriend/wife hate MTB's?’ is closed to new replies.