Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • An intelligent footballer
  • chip
    Free Member

People of colour is not a term I would use when talking about black people, simply because of growing up in the 70s and 8os in wembley, that was very multi cultural, my friends would not stand for being called coloured. I’m black not coloured, I’m not purple I’m black. They told me. So I call black people black, so I am reluctant to use the term people of colour unless I was talking about
    The entire non white community.

chakaping
    Free Member

And I’d agree with you on that single point chip.

Were you going anywhere with it though?

chip
    Free Member

No it’s based on the use of it in the cartoon. And ihn first post on the first page telling me it’s the preferred terminology.

chakaping
    Free Member

Righto, I think Bendydick Cummerbund had a Twitterstorm for calling someone “coloured” this year.

“Black” for afro-carribean individuals and I think “BME” or “BAME” for collective minorities.

mefty
    Free Member

I think Bendydick Cummerbund had a Twitterstorm for calling someone “coloured” this year.

He did, I seem to remember he said he should have said people of colour, which is the “preferred” term

Cougar

Very well put

+1.

Twitterstorm for calling someone “coloured” this year.

I do get frustrated when people get in bother when they’re actually trying to use the “correct” terminology.

I once saw a Malaysian lass have a right paddy over someone referring to “coloured people.” Her preferred term was “people of colour.” They’re the same words in a different order FFS!

rene59
    Free Member

Everyone is of one colour or another. The term people of colour is ridiculous as it applies to everyone.

chakaping
    Free Member

I do get frustrated when people get in bother when they’re actually trying to use the “correct” terminology.

I still think Twitter is essentially just a great big clever dick contest.

have a right paddy

Racist!

Speeder

An intelligent footballer

Oxymoron?

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘An intelligent footballer’ is closed to new replies.