Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • an app worth having ROAD ID
  • pk13

Having seen this posted on the unconscious rider sticky I gave it a go.
    http://www.roadid.com/eCrumbs

it’s on my s4 and I gave it a go today. It let’s you set your lock screen with your next of kin phone no and any other details.
    The best bit is when you start the app it sends a text to your nominated phone number to let them know your out and about and they have live tracking ( unlike other apps the app does not have to be installed on both phones).

I used it today on a 12 mile ride with my wife keeping an eye and it’s very accurate. Best part was a hot cup of tea waiting as she saw I was 2 mins away from home .
    Total data use was under 2 meg and with endmondo running it used 17% battery power with a phone call too.
    Not affiliated with the company. It just might help one day

somouk
    Free Member

iOS has a similar feature as part of healhkit, doesn’t do the tracking and stuff but allows you access contact and emergency details from the lock screen.

househusband

Will take a look.

(I’ve got RoadID dog tags and don’t leave the house without them; medical details (Type 1 diabetes), NoK and blood group.)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Best part was a hot cup of tea waiting as she saw I was 2 mins away from home .

I’d be interested to know how you activate that bit of functionality? Doesn’t seem to work on mine 🙂

pk13

Cracking wife. Lol may not work with all operating systems.

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds good will take a look. I’ve used glympse when I’ve been out on epics so the wife can track me. First time I rode to my parents in bister from southampton I got badly lost about half way. She said it was quite amusing watching the little dot going up one road, down another and then back on itself. She knew I would have been muttering away to myself 🙂

avdave2

I downloaded it after reading the same thread, as I commute off road I could be lying in a heap slowly sinking into the mud of the South Downs and be lost without trace. With this app my wife can send the rescue services in completely the wrong direction.

jkomo

Can’t you just photograph your name and next of kin and have on the lock screen?
    Edit, I see it does lots more.

monkeychild
    Free Member

My Sony z1 compact has ice on the lock screen as a standard feature. I’m surprised more companies don’t do this.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know how you activate that bit of functionality? Doesn’t seem to work on mine

There was a very comprehensive thread about improving your wife signal, use the search function.

teamslug
    Free Member

Just remember to turn it off if you go to pub or go to meet your lover on your bike!!!! I speak from experience… The pub not the lover unfortunately.

pk13

@jkomo that’s what my wife has done with her phone . I’m not fussed on what shop she is in at any given time So she does not have the app I have a bank statement for that.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Dosent apples find my friend do the same thing?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘an app worth having ROAD ID’ is closed to new replies.