• This topic has 96 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Amy Winehouse dead.!
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

she made alot of music/concerts in her short lived years….such a shame..i liked her music but the excessive drink etc always catches you out in the end….such a shame …R.I.P Amy 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Doubtless those who started to know her music from the ‘heavily produced Zutons number’ won’t be aware of her Mercury nomination at the age of 20, Ivor Novello award or influence on fashion. From two albums she had the admiration and attention of those who matter on things musical.

A sad day for regarding who died, never a huge fan of her music but if you know more about her personal life than her achievements maybe your viewing the wrong media. A troubled addictive personality hopefully at rest.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

A sad waste of life, anyone that has been touched with a family member or friend who has succumbed to any addiction will feel the pain that her family are feeling at this point in time. My heart is with her family at this time.

that is all I have to say on this and do not wish to read anymore guttural trash on this.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For anyone interested – I just caught the last bit of a tribute show on 6music – probably on Listen Again.

wonnyj
    Free Member

A terrible loss for music and music lovers. Very sad.

The haters can piss off back to the x-factor

coffeeking
    Free Member

Whether you liked her music or not , she was a hugely talented singer but was flawed in her personality.

I didn’t like her music, it was aweful. And her voice grated on me like nails on a blackboard. Great shame for her family though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And her voice grated on me like nails on a blackboard.

One more reason to wish she was still alive.

Coyote
    Free Member

Regardless what you thought of her or her music, a father lost his daughter yesterday.

RIP Amy.

iDave
    Free Member

Regardless what you thought of her or her music, a father lost his daughter yesterday.

+1

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    <And her voice grated on me like nails on a blackboard.>
    One more reason to wish she was still alive.

This place sinks to new depths every day, a sad loss of a life bought down to getting one over a fellow member on an insignificant cycling forum, nice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well my comment was more to point out CK’s insensitivity wrt another thread on the subject. It was not to get one over on him. But I can see how you might have come to that conclusion – it was not my objective.

MrSmith
    Free Member

all this fuss and misplaced grief over a drug addict, whose oeuvre was mediocre at best.
    would people care about the next skag addict who dies in Camden?
    maybe her death will highlight the problem in the borough and help other crack whores with their addiction?
    i doubt it though.

epicyclo

Not my sort of music, but even I could see she had bucket loads of talent.

A great shame, and a great waste.

trailmonkey

whose oeuvre was mediocre at best

go on then, i’ll pick that gauntlet up. would you like to back up how you quantify her musical output ? or is it just your laymans’ opinion based on your own taste and prejudice ? the latter is fine of course. problem is, it limits you to making judgements on whether you like it or not, rather than placing it somewhere on a scale of good to bad. if you want to do that, then you need to be judging it on criteria such as ability, originality, longevity, its influence on others. i’m sure there are more.

mediocre ? my arse.

highclimber
    Free Member

I used to like her music but I increasingly lost interest in her as an artist as her life spiralled towards a bottomless pit of drug addiction probably brought about by the fact that she was a vulnerable person. Regardless of the persona she portrayed to the tabloids, who hounded her, probably further adding to her demise, she did not deserve to die whether she intended to or if it was something else.

I just think she deserves a bit more respect than some poeple are showing on here and on facebook etc.
    put yourself in her family’s shoes you sad, ignorant people.

RIP.

MrSmith
    Free Member

go on then, i’ll pick that gauntlet up. would you like to back up how you quantify her musical output ?

in any way i choose, as can you choose how you quantify her output.
    i’m no more an arbiter of correct opinion than you.

or is it just your laymans’ opinion based on your own taste and prejudice ? the latter is fine of course. problem is, it limits you to making judgements on whether you like it or not, rather than placing it somewhere on a scale of good to bad.

it’s not good or bad, just mediocre. that’s my opinion. i’m sure yours is equally as valid.

if you want to do that, then you need to be judging it on criteria such as ability, originality, longevity, its influence on others. i’m sure there are more.

pick whatever criteria you like for your own opinion, i’m happy with mine.

mediocre ? my arse.

no doubt it is, i have no interest of forming an opinion on that as that would require viewing documentary evidence.

emsz
    Free Member

Awful and tragic loss with a sad inevitably about it all. How terrible must her parents feel?

waste of a good talent

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Amy Winehouse dead.!’ is closed to new replies.