Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • American visa
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking the only way to get into the states, without a biometric passport, is with a visa?
    And am I right in thinking I need an interview at the embassy in London for this?

woody2000

As a tourist? Fill in the visa paperwork on the plane, join the queue and have your bits scanned when you get there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    hot_fiat

From the US embassy site If your passport was issued on or after October 26, 2006, you will require a biometric passport. If it was issued between October 26, 2005 and October 25, 2006 it need only be machine readable, and the photograph digital. If issued before October 26, 2005 it need only be machine readable.

If you’re just visiting I think it just needs to be machine readable. And you’ll need to apply for an ESTA.

It’s probably easier to go through the “I need a passport today” route at a passport office rather than stand in line on grosvenor square.

tonyg2003

You need to fill in an ESTA online before you fly. $14 at the email address in the previous post. Without an ESTA you can’t fill in you preflight check in.

To get in to work? That’s a whole different level of visa. I’m applying for a L1 at the moment and it’s a PITA

woody2000

Oops, my bad. All changed then?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Ohhhh, think I’m getting machine readable confused with biometric. I might still be going on holiday!

tonyg2003

Don’t worry I’ve filled in an online ESTA at the airport using a £1 per 10mins computer terminal when I forgot my ESTA had run out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘American visa’ is closed to new replies.