Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Am I uber-feeble?
  • theotherjonv

But I’ll be damned if I can get a Bonty tubeless ready tyre onto a Stan’s rim. I can just get it fitted with no rimstrip or no inner tube but that’s wrecked my thumbs. And add anything in there and it’s not happening.

Maxxis Advantage (non-tubeless ready) goes on easy.

Any ideas?

shoefiti
    Free Member

MTFU?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

No you’re not, they are impossible. I can do most any tyre with my hands, but a bonty won’t go on for love nor money. Or maybe I’m feeble too. 😕

Duffer
    Free Member

Bonty tires are always difficult. You can make it easier on yourself by making sure it’s properly seated on the opposite side to where it’s tight – this can sometimes let a bit of pressure off, and allow it on. Other than that, just persevere.

Aidan
    Free Member

I’d say the opposite to Duffer. Make sure that the areas of the tyre that are already fitted are loose and haven’t moved up to the wall of the rim.

Once the bead has got up to the edge (like when it’s inflated) it is a much tighter fit. You might need to go around the fitted bit a few times to make sure all of it is loose. I got Bonty Mud Xs onto Stans without tools, but it was tighter than Maxxis had been.

I never really appreciated how important that technique was until I started having to fit Pugsley tyres.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Am I uber-feeble?’ is closed to new replies.