Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Am I the only person with just 1 bike?
  • deep_river
    Free Member

I currently own just 1 bike, and cant see that changing.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket at the moment, and have looked at getting a cube ltd race HT.

But to be honest it just didnt give me anything that my Scott Genius cant. It was the same weight, I can lock the Genius off, so whats the point?

If I had several thousand it would be different, but realistically I just cant see what difference owning an extra £1200 bike will give me.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Yes, i think so 😀

kwack
    Free Member

One bike here – Spec Pitch custom build does all I want it to do

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I only have one mountain bike [ orange 5 ] and I couldn’t be doing with the extra maintainance and fettling required if I had more .I do have a road bike I got when I was doing a coast to coast ride for charity but to be honest I rarely use it, even commuting to work looks a better option on a mountain bike given the state of the roads.

Stuey01
    Free Member

1 mountain bike. Used to have HT and FS, but they were similar and I don’t use them enough as it is so I sold the FS. Now looking to change the frame on the HT, but still only going to have one.

Have other bikes though, 2 roadies and a hack bike.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

me – only 1

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have one MTB a 06 Spech Enduro but the Wifes bike is my old frame so with a change of saddle I would be able to ride it. I have a BMX that I want to use to learn how to ride ramps but havn’t been able to.

mintimperial

I only have one ridable bike.

My very old Marin is in bits in a box, so that doesn’t really count. I’d like to have more than one but I can’t afford at the moment.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ve only one mtb – a Genesis Abyss. I have a road bike for commuting.

loddrik
    Free Member

I thought I could do it, but I couldn’t, so I now have two…

thebunk

realistically I just cant see what difference owning an extra £1200 bike will give me

Um. You would have two bikes!

That’s double the amount you currently have!

Two awesome things, not one!

100% more betterer!

4 wheels! Who doesn’t love wheels?!

Can’t believe some of the tripe being said above. Maintenance? If you had two bikes you wouldn’t have to do maintenance! EVER!

chiefgrooveguru

I have one MTB and no plans for any more. The other bike is a Brompton so I don’t think that counts!

mark.laird
    Free Member

1 bike is enough especially if its an Orange Five

shortcut

How can 1 bike every be enough?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmmm, I could get by with one, but since that would be a full-sus, I would be overbiked for trips around town, would be paranoid about it getting nicked, and would no doubt have to replace the bearings and drivetrain far more often. In my head, it is cheaper to have a second bike too. 🙂

If it helps your survey, Mrs PixelMix only has one bike.

avdave2

I’ve had only ever had one bike at a time since I bought my first mountain bike in 1986. That will all change when the Boardman I ordered yesterday arrives though.

vinnyeh

I’ve only got one mtb, and am trying to stick to that for the time being.
    A lineup of events pencilled in/entered for the year ranges from honc to megavalanche, so I’ll be testing it’s versatility I imagine.

CheesybeanZ

i have only one
    one fs
    one 29 ss
    one 26 ht

thats only one of each 😕

donks
    Free Member

Only one here. And its got no gears. It gets used for commuting off roading and the skatepark. its fine you just have to accept that the components wear like mad. The eldest lad does have a BMX and i occasionally jump on it and embarrass myself and him.

benjamins11
    Free Member

I’ve only got one, more would be nice but cant really justify it at the moment! Most people on here seem to have far too much money!

superfli
    Free Member

I only have my Spesh FSR. Would love another, HT nice, or road bike as well, or even a more relaxed angle FS for playing on, but the missus would not be pleased.

blades2000
    Free Member

I will only be taking one bike with me when I move to Colombia with my wife in a few weeks. The other 4 and the unicycle will be going to live at my dads until we return 🙁

Stuey01
    Free Member

Only one here. And its got no gears.

???

carbon337
    Free Member

1 bike – Orange Five

Suppose my ’93 Scott rigid mtb in Singlespeed mode doesnt really count since its for commuting to a train on – and I found it abandoned so it was free.

thebunk

That’s a bit harsh carbon337. Even rigid singlespeeds count as bikes…

phillconnell

I’ve got a Focus HT and no plans to expand the stable. With 5 cyclists in the family I do enough bloody maintenance already!

I can satisfy my urge to splurge when I buy my boy a new MTB – he’s outgrowing his 24″ Decathlon special this summer.

thomthumb
    Free Member

even my mum has 2 bikes.

AdamML
    Free Member

It’s not just you. I’ve only got the one bike as well, which does me for all my riding.

rideallday77
    Free Member

I wish I only had one bike. Turns out two bikes cost a fortune to look after and then no one wants them when you try to sell them. Give me a horse or a child any day.

grumm
    Free Member

Only one mountain bike – a Pitch with Fox 36 Vans. Can do most things you might want to do on a bike.

Aidy
    Free Member

All you people with only one bike – you’re making it harder for the rest of us to keep the average up

sadmadalan

I only have one bike – if you ignore the family hack bike, the hybrid, the road bike and the frame and bits in my garage that needs putting together. The big trouble is that the two boys have five between them and my wife has two – need a bigger garage to keep them safe.

backhander
    Free Member

I only have one bike, a 140/150mm FS so I use it for everything.
    All the “overbiked” nonsense from peeps with 4+ bikes makes me laugh.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

One is all I need.
    I don’t have room for anymore. I could chuck her bike out and buy myself another but I don’t think I need two bikes.

Woody
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I had every intention of having just one really really good bike but I occasionally look in the classifieds and ……………………. I’m weak 😳

Now I have 4 good bikes and can’t bear the thought of selling them as they are all quite different.

bawbag
    Free Member

One mountain bike and one fixie for chaining up in town. Does me perfectly. If it wasn’t for bike thieves I would only have one.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

I currently own just 1 bike, and cant see that changing.

And if you took up road racing, what would you do? Fit a set of slicks?

Ditto riding a 17 mile commute in all weathers? Fit a set of mud-guards over the slicks?

Light touring? Fit a set of panniers over the mud-guards?

Yes tis true I could manage with one bike but you need different tools for different jobs 🙂

BigJohn

1 Cotic Soul – sometimes geared, sometimes singlespeed. Plus a pub/commute/shopping bike.

stumpy01

I only had one bike, until I bought it’s replacement. I then bought an Inbred frame and put the bits off the old bike onto the frame, so now I’ve got an FS & a HT.. I wanted a bike that I could use on the road as well as off road and didn’t really want to be riding my Stumpy fsr for road miles.
    I already had a second set of wheels for on-road with slicks on – only cost about £130 including tyres, tubes, cassette & QRs.

I like the fact that if I need to do some work on one bike, I don’t have to get it done urgently as I can just take the other bike out if need be.

And although I didn’t think I would, I have actually been using the Inbred a lot more this winter off road to stop the FSR getting clagged up too much. Seems the sensible option, particularly for my ‘normal’ riding at Thetford.

DickBarton

Only 1 bike I use…got a Pace frame with some old kit on it but it just sits in the garage…never used…I’m keeping it for nostalgic reasons but don’t ever see the need to use it…my main bike does everything I need and more…don’t see the need for more than 1 bike – cost more in maintenance and you can only ride 1 bike at a time…so why have more?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Am I the only person with just 1 bike?’ is closed to new replies.