Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • am i blind or has no one mentioned this yet?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

a new fully rigid steel frame from Cotic, but no, not the 29er, a road bike.

here

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Its gone!

ska-49
    Free Member

Links broken?

rOcKeTdOg

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: Bum.

thepodge
    Free Member

link should work now

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Nice, very like a Genesis Equilibrium

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It sounds like it’ll be really good. But its got the godawful cotic wrap around graphics which dont suit a road bike at all, they just scream “trail centre mincer”

If they stickered it up differently (with some of their other decals) it would be sweet. Otherwise it just has the look/feel of a “mtbers road bike” like the Orange Carbo, rather than something to be taken seriously.

thepodge
    Free Member

big difference between this and the orange is this isn’t a restickered catalogue special

Houns

I like the wrap logo. One of the best on any form of bike

However bianchi may have a word about the colour

Houns

I like the wrap logo. One of the best on any form of bike

However bianchi may have a word about the colour

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

big difference between this and the orange is this isn’t a restickered catalogue special

Yes, this will be good. I have had two Cotics, bother are/were brilliant.

They should just put some classier graphics on it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Does look tasty, never seen XT cranks on a road bike before though.

Edric64
    Free Member

That looks nice .Lets hope they do a frame in an adult size unlike their mtb frames

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting cranks for a road bike, would love to know what rings they are.

hock

Cotic wrap = one of the best decals around
    (in terms of being graphically advanced, sophisticated branding, recognisable, original…)

Not sure about this one but they offer the Soul with a choice of decals.
    They might be able to supply one of those to go over the wrap. Maybe?!

Anyway, I’m going to do it the other way round: wrap over old style decal.
    ‘Cos I love the wrap! 😛

JoB
    Free Member

interesting cranks for a road bike, would love to know what rings they are.

XT trekking cranks with the little ring removed – 48/36

smell_it
    Free Member

I just can’t shake the mtb’ers road bike, from the man who dislike drop bar bikes so much he made the roadrat.
    On the plus side, it looks nice enough, and it’s not just a badged up catalogue frame. Much as the cotic wrap isn’t for me, it’s better than them writing cotic on it 2 dozen times in the fashion of many road bikes. I guess price will be the point, will it compete with the genesis aether or the condor Acciaio?

Klunk
    Free Member

not so interested after all, hoping they may have been 50/38 or so, oh well.

JoB
    Free Member

not so interested after all, hoping they may have been 50/38 or so, oh well.

well that’s the prototype bike (Cy’s own) sporting a mix of 105 and XT gear; Cy runs a mountain bike chainset because his knees don’t like narrow road cranks, so i guess you could put bigger rings on that one if you were desperate to show your MTB roots, or just put a road 50/38 chainset on the frame

Klunk
    Free Member

i was interested in 50/38 for my hybrid is all, so i was hoping they might have been bigger rings on the cotic as i never come across a 50 ring for a mtb crank before and still haven’t 🙁 (not that i’ve been actively looking mind).

RustySpanner

Disc only, mudguard and rack mounts please.

I’d like an orange one, 52cm for me.

theboatman
    Free Member

^ great! another dreary winter bike/ tourer/ commuter; somewhat a like the roadrat or their crossbike. Let’s have a nice nippy steel racer 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Saddle angle is ALL wrong.

Edric64
    Free Member

A really lightweight steel roadrace bike would be my choice in 64cm please. None of these compact frames for me

windjammer
    Free Member

the bars look to low for me, i prefer a salsa fargo with skinny tyres

edhornby

it’s a 700c 29er 🙂

I quite like it for what it is but discs would be better – problem is it’s in competition with the kaffenback with disc and pannier mounts

I’d have gone for a slightly shorter head tube personally but I can see that the majority of mountain bikers who would buy a coatic road bike would want a not-too agressive drop from saddle to bars

not the same as proper bianchi celeste btw – celeste has a greeny tinge

edhornby

here we go, something like this 😀 steel with campag and nicer geometry

Northwind

I think the Cotic wrap looks great tbh, there’s a reason you hardly ever see a Soul with the other options. I do hate the S on the forks though.

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

Saddle angle is ALL wrong.

Probably not UCI compliant either. BAN IT NOW

aracer
    Free Member

i was interested in 50/38 for my hybrid is all, so i was hoping they might have been bigger rings on the cotic as i never come across a 50 ring for a mtb crank before and still haven’t (not that i’ve been actively looking mind).

Plenty of 50s available for an XT touring, as it’s an old-fashioned 110BCD. Here’s a 50T for a standard 4 arm MTB chainset.

Oh and that bike would just be a mtbers road bike, whatever stickers they put on it.

Northwind

aracer – Member

Oh and that bike would just be a mtbers road bike

Not knowing anything about road bikes, what does that actually mean?

mustard
    Free Member

If you read the road.cc link, it sounds to me like Cy is aiming for a proper modern road bike made out of steel as he thought most of what he saw out there already were harking back rather than looking forward. Some more on it on the cotic site.

I thought I’d read more of Cy’s thoughts on it but can’t see it anywhere now, maybe I imagined it…

I don’t think it’s really competing with the Kaff as it looks like Cy has had to have his arm twisted to go for mudguard eyelets so it’s doubtful it’ll have rack bosses.

rOcKeTdOg

And does it matter as long as the rider is happy and having fun?

RustySpanner

Northwind – Member

aracer – Member

Oh and that bike would just be a mtbers road bike

Not knowing anything about road bikes, what does that actually mean?

It means that some people are just snobs and can be safely ignored.

Don’t see what the problem is with rack bosses, unless ultimate light weight is an issue.
    Doesn’t take anything away from the bike and makes it massively more versatile.
    I can’t afford or house two road bikes, so would be a deal breaker for me.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘am i blind or has no one mentioned this yet?’ is closed to new replies.