Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aluminium Frame new Lacquer
  • bigpole
    Free Member

I have an aluminium frame and the lacquer has peeled off, does anyone know if it can be re lacquered and if so how much will it cost, or am I best getting it powder coated (if this is an option), I wouldn’t mind a change of colour.

Swalsey
    Free Member

You can try to wet & dry it down and then re-lacquer that area – very cheap to do yourself. Powdercoat is much tougher and cheaper (about £50 depending where and what), paint can be prettier but more expensive to pay somebody to do it due to more stages. Where are you? You need to find a painter or powder-coater. Have a look for argos cycle on google too.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

IMO laquering polished aluminium is not a good idea, there’s nothing for it to key to, all it takes is a little chip and water to get underneath and it looks terrible.

Powdercoat laquer is very yellow but a bit harder wearing.

The best I’ve seen is a product by POR-15 and something used by Image Wheels they called ceramic clear coat, which I suspect is the same thing.

Personally I’d just leave it bare, give it a polish up now and again and use a sealant to protect it.

bigpole
    Free Member

Thanks for teh advice so far, but whole frame needs re doing, I will have to re move all the lacqer first before trying to re lacquer it, It may be better to powder coat it, I’ve heard that there is a place in Bradford thats good, (I live warrington area) if anyone can suggest anything closer.

edhornby

atlantic boulevard? Bury

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aluminium Frame new Lacquer’ is closed to new replies.