Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alternative to paypal please
  • smudge
    Free Member

Does anyone use an alternative to paypal for selling/buying online? The new policy of paypal to side with the buyer sucks. Recently sold a cheap computer game through ebay. Buyer paid I sent first class recorded got proof he received it. He lodged dispute with me with paypal saying he hadnt received it and paypal took his money out of my account and basically gave it him back!!! And i'm not the only one this has happened to.
    So if theres an alternative to paypal i'd be well happy.

GTDave
    Free Member

Nochex?

Home

will1
    Free Member

I sent a full bike to some scrote a year ago and he said it never arrived even though I had seven documents tracking it and even his signature on!! Paypal stole the money off me and gave it him back. £600!! I was gutted. I have since been told and never thought at the time to report it to the police as a theft. But you are right there needs to be a safe alternative for sellers.

smudge
    Free Member

It was just the fact they sided straight away on the buyers side and took the money out of my paypal account, ok the game was only £8 but the prinicple of it stinks.
    Thanks GT i'll check nochex out

roper
    Free Member

I hate it when paypal make multiple withdrawals. They cancel the extra ones but it takes seven days to get back into my account. I would love it if every started to use other companies.

colin@rush
    Free Member

Had it with me too, had an order on Ebay for a Blackspire stinger sent the stinger to the address (which was in spain) anyway customer actually phones the shop and asks where his stinger is, i said not sure it would have got to spain yet (had only been about 4 days) at which point he says buggar i've used the wrong address, puts a dispute in with paypal who reverse the transaction, i contacted Paypal told them the facts they said they would look into it, came back to me and said there's nothing they can do and i need to contact the buyer and charged me £40 for looking into the dispute and took it out of my paypal account instantly…
    So i'm a stinger down and £65, stinks, and to rub salt in the wounds the buyer left neutral feedback on ebay, i've contacted the buyer numerous times and he's just ignoring the emails…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah Paypal the "****" witheld a payment to me until i recieved positive feedback after selling a £55 item. So I had to send off valuable goods at my expense in good faith and then pay a percentage of %4 for the entire transaction, but before i got any money! Thankfully the buyer was happy and I got paid

Paypal are taking an easy route for themselves. Their customers feelings don't even feature. I asked them why they withheld a payment on a seller who had an unblemished 4 yr record and they responded saying that this would inspire confidence in buyers, be a benefit to me!? wtf! Well the buyer had no idea the payment had been withheld. I told Ebay and Paypal that their policy had, in effect, closed my sellers account. They offered no relevant or useful comments/advice (as per usual).

Conversely, I bought an item that never arrived. Six weeks later and I still have no refund! The seller has not responded to any communication and aparently I have to wait 20 days for my refund. The purchase was 3rd September!

Ebay and Paypal are a proper bunch of shysters! They should be closed down!

stratobiker
    Free Member

How about worldpay, from the Royal Bank of Scotland?

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I just ask for payments direct to my bank account. Transfers are as quick as Paypal, there are no fees at either end, and once in my account it can't be taken out again. Send stuff recorded or with a courier for large items. Then the only quibble can be with the quality of goods supplied. Make sure you send plenty pictures when negotiating.

EBay and Paypal are not worth using these days. Don't mind paying for stuff through Paypal, but won't take payment for anything I sell if it's much more than a tenner.

smudge
    Free Member

By looking at the reviews worldpay was good to use till RBS got onboard and now they've rapidly gone downhill, plus the fees are higher.
    There seems to be a gap that needs filling

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I didn't know they witheld payment until the feedback was received until recently

Bought and received an item and then wasn't online for a couple of days,when i next logged on I had a load of emails asking if I was happy and for me to leave feeback

Thought that the seller was just a bit bonkers until they explained that their money hadn't been released

stilltortoise
    Free Member

they aren't too quick at sorting out fraudulent activity either. Yes, I know this from bad experience and many months later I'm still waiting for the full amount 🙁

shooterman

I had a nasty experience with paypal earlier this year.

A guy in Austria bought a TALAS 36 RC2 off me. He paid for the slowest possible shipping and then reported an unreceived item when it didn't arrive promptly. However, as time went on he stopped responding to my emails and those of paypal.

This didn't stop paypal taking money out of my account though! Despite the fact that the buyer would not answer paypal's own emails asking if he had received the item, they debited 605 from my account.

The buyer obviously was smart enough not to commit to writing in an email that he hadn't received the fork as that would be irrefutable evidence of fraud.

I'm aware there is an implied duty on both parties to a contract to act reasonably. I also believe there is a duty of utmost good faith on the part of Pypal as they are effectively holding money on trust.

I've written to them and I am going to stick in a small claim against them. I think I might have them on the basis that they debited the money when the buyer was refusing to confirm whether or not he received the item and that is unreasonable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to paypal please’ is closed to new replies.