Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Alternative Olympics
  • Ambrose

NOT a wind up.

A friend is helping put together an ‘Alternative Olympics’ to counter the 2012 extravaganza to be held in London.

The Alternative will be in Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, home of Bog Snorkelling, Mountainbike Bog Snorkelling, Man vs Horse, The Real Ale Wobble and various other events- see here: http://www.green-events.co.uk/

To help raise awareness of the event, to be held concurrently with London’s version, a series of awareness raising activities are to be embarked upon, inc. a Mountainbike Chariot ride in Hyde Park and a bathtub kayak down the Severn Bore.

I’ve also suggested a concrete canoe event but this may be too mainstream for the ethos that they are promoting.

Any other ideas for suitable activities?

BTW, I’m not trolling, this is a genuine request for advice/ suggestions/ help.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ-Arguing – A classic event where the contestants have to take an opposite view to TJ and argue with him for as long as they can before losing the will to live.

😉

RealMan
    Free Member

TJ-Arguing – A classic event where the contestants have to take an opposite view to TJ and argue with him for as long as they can before losing the will to live.

I’m assuming there will be some kind of referee, who will be there to jump in and stop anyone getting hurt.

tazzymtb

awww I was hoping to see a goth 110m hurdles, they’d never get the pixie boots to clear ’em

Ambrose

tazzy- me like!

Spaceman
    Free Member

Dwarf tossing. Sponsered by Kleenex.

RealMan
    Free Member

Not really a spectator sport that.

tazzymtb

Dwarf tossing.

ooooo two games for the price of one ‘cos you’d get to see his “tiddlywink”

Spaceman
    Free Member

It can be….

tankslapper
    Free Member

Llanwrtyd Wells – the home of all things odd!

1. Stone throwing: ffs! How more closer to the Olympic dream do you need? Reckon its a gold and silver between N.Ireland and the Palestinians
    2. Coracle racing
    3. Caber tossing
    4. Belly Button \ Mid riff lifting: how much weight can your average Brummy munter lift in the rolls of fat round her middle?

iDave
    Free Member

counting all the corners in a pub – internal, external, sharp, rounded, on walls and all furniture and objects within

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

Oi. I get the contrary view – thems the rules.

I’m assuming there will be some kind of referee, who will be there to jump in and stop anyone getting hurt.

Probably me that would need protection

tazzymtb

you just need this!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_X8EhnwM9g&feature=related[/video]

epicyclo

Ambrose – Member
    …Any other ideas for suitable activities?

Fathletics – Extra large people eating a ton of pies. The winner gets to sit on the loser.

Catapulting – slim people sitting on a trebuchet. Winner gets the left over pies.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Internet warriors. Two nerds in the ring hitting each other over the head with a keyboard. They all start with a standard keyboard but each bout you win, you can upgrade.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Alternative Olympics’ is closed to new replies.