Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alp trip France, resort suggestions anyone?
  • chris74c
    Free Member

Hello,
    Me and my mates are considering an alp trip somewhere in France, anyone with any advice regarding digs, destinations. Also is it best to fly or is driving a good option. We aren’t bothered so much about bike parks just want to explore natural trails in the day and guzzle beer at night.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Bushwacked
    Free Member

If you are flying you’ll have more choice, driving last year we went for one of the easy to get to resorts which the obvious ones are Morzine, Les Gets and Les Deux Alps. If you don’t want bike park and are happy to ride up then this widen’s out you options too.

In terms of getting there – this thread has some interesting opinions

Fly or Drive to the Alps

Grace
    Free Member

Bike Village.
    If going for a week – fly. 2 weeks or more – drive! Neither are a hassle.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I prefer driving as less hassle with packing the bike up and less chance of damage plus ability to take more of what you want. Good option for three of you assuming you have a suitable car given the amount of stuff you’ll have. Also having a car gives you more flexibility for exploring and/or doing two different areas.

IMO the easiest destination is Portes du Soleil – Morzine/Les Gets – lots of marked trails, lots of off piste to discover (plenty of threads on here), good lift system. Nearby resorts of Samoens and Chamonix and Verbier are not that far for a two centre holiday

If you have the budget for a guided all inclusive holiday look very seriously at those, i think they are great value when you consider everything you get inc guiding, food and booze. You will ride trails you’d likely never find on your own. Downside is that its late to be booking now, many will be sold out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alp trip France, resort suggestions anyone?’ is closed to new replies.