Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Allen Hanson 'comment'
  • MSP

Gary Neville is an offence to ratkind!

chewkw
    Free Member

My friend usually describe everyone that looks oriental or of far eastern origin as Chinese as he cannot differentiate them. I bet he would be in trouble if he associate Taiwanese with mainland Chinese … 🙄

Bloody PC gone mad …

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf – we could make you an honorary white? would that help?

Thank you Bwana.

Good book actually.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bravohotel8er – Member

MSP – Member
    Half caste is a term I hadn’t actually considered to be racist, but read this a few years back and could see the possibility to offend and haven’t used since (till now).

Half-caste is definitely offensive. ‘Mixed Race’ became common currency after the former fell out of favour, however, these days ‘Dual Heritage’ is considered to be the correct term.

LOL just LOL

so basically every so often somebody (who is probably white) decides its time to change the way we describe the term for black people, the latest current term (if true) sounds about right, almost certainly in 20 years time they will be called ‘white’ just to be classed as completely equal to everyone else 😆

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

His contract must be up for review…

Easy way to oust anyone who is getting a bit long in the tooth. The TV media is littered with very well paid presenters being shoved after a faux pas.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

certainly in 20 years time they will be called ‘white’ just to be classed as completely equal to everyone else

You’re implying that even though they’re black, they’re not equal to everyone else? 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Half caste is a term I hadn’t actually considered to be racist, but read this a few years back and could see the possibility to offend and haven’t used since (till now).

I use the term ‘mongrel’ to describe myself, cos hey, if it’s good enough for dogs, it’s good enough for me.

Did you just call me a ****?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

certainly in 20 years time they will be called ‘white’ just to be classed as completely equal to everyone else

You’re implying that even though they’re black, they’re not equal to everyone else?

haha just read that back and it does sound like that, but no not at all, im just saying that if we are classed as one thing then we will be all treated the same and it will be offensive to say something (anything other than one name for us all) different to anyone, regardless of colour, religion etc etc…..

in a round about way i mean that until we are physically called the same as each other, other terms/names will be used in a derogitive manner according to some people, even if they are not (ie, in no way was alan hansen being offensive or racist, yet some bright spark decides to make out he is and being a racist old man)….

duntmatter
    Free Member

the do gooders that make up such awful rules

Which rules?

Storm in a tea cup.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s that bloody PC Brigade again…wherever they are.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Microsoft?

GTDave
    Free Member

I’m not white though, more of a pale pinky / peach. White isn’t even close to my albino mate Tom either!! No way you can classify me the same as that freak!! 😉

Hi Tom!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just had an email comment read out live on Eddie Nestor’s show on BBC Radio London. 😀

I’m bloody right, an’ all. Don’t care what anyone else finks. Going out now bye.

br
    Free Member

I called someone coloured at work earlier in the year, and was pulled up for it. Not by them I may add.

I asked what should I call them, and ‘black’ was the answer.

I’d been brought up not to refer to people as black/brown/yellow etc, but use the general term of ‘coloured’ to describe non-whites.

gwaelod
    Free Member

so “coloured” is out….but “ruthlessly efficent germans” and “hot tempered latin american types” is ok.

Football punditry and lazy thoughtless racism go hand in hand

zippykona

My niece has just got a job at a nursery and they only have dolls which are non Caucasian (is that term allowed?) and they have to sing baa baa pink sheep.
    Recently went out for dinner with a friend who has one of those jobs that no one can really explain what it is. Lots of meetings and focus groups. Anyway I was told off for using the term normal to describe someone.
    Its all a bit silly. If someone has a physical abnormality its polite not to mention it. People’s skin colour now seems to have fallen into the don’t mention it category. If someone was to point me out at a party I would be the bald bloke over there.
    Purely a descriptive term.
    Not doubt if im wrong i shall be corrected.

kcr
    Free Member

Anyway I was told off for using the term normal to describe someone. Its all a bit silly.

So if you were a person with a disability, would you be happy to be thought of as “not normal”? Think about it.

Kryton57

What rubbish. Just talking to Mrs Kryton, who is black (afro carribbean) about this.

Her view is she’s black, so call her black. “Coloured” isnt racist but is old fashioned and slightly derogatory as it hints at past issues Elfinsafety’s pictures described. Typically though, white folk of Hansen’s genre use the Term “coloured” because when they were growing up, it was the generic term they could use to avoid been silo’d into any kind of racially motivated group/seen to be siding with one.

As for “Dual Heritage” thats just PC tosh. Kryton jnr is mixed race ie half Caucasian half Afro Caribbean, no two ways about it.

zippykona

I would say anyone who is the same as me and the person I was talking to is normal. Anyone else is different.
    That applies to everyone the world over. Put me in Japan and I would be
    the odd one out.
    My friend is a 6’5″ Scot who was working in North Korea. When he went out it was like the freak show was in town.

Gary_C

Just watching SPOTY on the telly, & Alan Hansen is sat next to a coloured* guy. 😆

*A very ORANGE looking Robbie Savage…

Junkyard
    Free Member

so basically every so often somebody (who is probably white) decides its time to change the way we describe the term for black people, the latest current term (if true) sounds about right, almost certainly in 20 years time they will be called ‘white’ just to be classed as completely equal to everyone else

You do suggest they are not our equal – which shows why we should be careful with language and try our best to not be derogatory when we dont mean it- you kind of proved the point with your clumsy use of language tbh

It is just an attempt to not offend people some times it goes too far bit like sometimes people can be a bit too nice ….surely this is better than just not giving a shit?

boblo
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

<snip>It is just an attempt to not offend people some times it goes too far bit like sometimes people can be a bit too nice ….surely this is better than just not giving a shit?

Trouble is, quite a lot of people just can’t wait to be offended these days, often on behalf of someone who couldn’t give a toss.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and some people dont mind being offensive and these same people seem to get offended by those who get offended easily 😆

Like I said you can take it to far but really is it that big a deal to try and not be offensive? Do you want the right to be offensive enshrined or would you rather just be nice to people? I mean if you want to offend people I know I can do it without a racial slur or an implied one….surely you can too 😉

eth3er
    Free Member

🙁 This place saddens me these days.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what stw or Britain…unfortunately we left the 70’s behind perhaps you could to 😉

seriously everyone knows it can go too far but it is not a bad thing to try and not use derogatory or offensive words to people if you dont mean to …really what is so bad about that?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Allen Hanson 'comment'’ is closed to new replies.