Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 337 total)
  • all hail the return of the king (rugby content)
  • anagallis_arvensis

English (and the worlds) centre's trembling in their boots as we speak. Normally I wouldnt post a link to the daily flail but this is important…….. All bow down to the king

clicky

ton

mike tindall would have eaten him for breakfast……….. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Tindall is shit and not fit to lace the great mans boots

gavin henson plays for wales

ton

gavin henson is rugby's version of peter andre…….. 😆

Houns

Pfffh not really a crunching tackle

try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cnss1UMO8

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

anagallis and gavin, sitting in a tree …

backhander
    Free Member

Total total bollocks.
    A good player for sure but king? quaking?
    Bollocks bollocks bollocks.

Houns

Wilko (was) a far better tackler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GAv43Qidpg

Shandy
    Free Member

Henson & Roberts may well be the best centre partnership at the World Cup. In fact, Wales could have the best set of backs at the World Cup.

muggomagic

the marriage break up has really affected his eldest child.

backhander
    Free Member

Wales could have the best set of backs at the World Cup.

Quite possibly but it's only a year away and wales aren't winning matches (1 out of the last 5?). IMHO, france have a considerably better set of backs as have the kiwis.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jason white is the king of the crunching tackle. NO one else comes close

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=bwTTiSnaeyU&feature=fvw

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Whats that? Gareth Edwards is back?

brakes
    Free Member

I love to watch big burly men have a good ol' wrestle 😉
    oooooh, he's my favourite
    oooohhhh ooooh, look at his thiiiiggghs

ton

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis and gavin, sitting in a tree …

I wish xxx

Joking aside he's a fantastic rugby player with good defence, very good kicking, very good passing, good side step, good power. Just lacks top end pace. Better all round talent than Wilkinson, Tindall is nowhere near his class. To say wales could have the best backline is a little bit of a stretch mind.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Well maybe now he's no longer Mr.Church he'll get back to playing his best rugby.

Underhill
    Free Member

Just lacks top end pace

And the mental strength to stay at his best. Henson's problem has really been his desire to be a pop star, he'll always be distracted by the latest thing to get him headlines & unfortunately that tends to be at the expense of his game.

anagallis_arvensis

And the mental strength to stay at his best.

Care to explain that? Its injuries that have held him back despite what you may wish…. he's no Danny Cipriani

ton

anagallis_arvensis………..are you bumming him???? 😉

Underhill
    Free Member

🙂 @ Cipriani

He's had problems with injuries but when he's had good games he goes out & pisses it against a wall. Maybe not too different from many other players, but he seems to court attention. Suggests to me that his mind is often focussed on other things than his club or his game.

I hope he makes a decent start back into the game, thought he was a great potential when he started out, but it'll be hard after time out.

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis………..are you bumming him????

yep

As an aside he has not courted attention at all since 2005, much the opposite in fact.

Shandy
    Free Member

Phillps
    Biggar/Jones
    Williams
    Henson
    Roberts
    Halfpenny
    Byrne

Thats a great backline, Aussies, Kiwis and maybe the French might get close to it but there is a game breaker in pretty much every position in that Welsh lineup.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Gavin Henson would have made a good footballer… Anybody that spends that much time on their hair deserves to play the mincers game!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hairychested
    Free Member

^^^he's a better diver than Ronaldo^^^

anagallis_arvensis

Anybody that spends that much time on their hair deserves to play the mincers game!

yeah gavs a real mincer, he certainly minced the face of that Leicester prop who tried to take him out off the ball.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

darcey whilst i appreciate your national ferver hitting someone late after they've kicked hardly proves anything!!

Looked at this at 2.35 bit blurry but it shows Henson at his very best, so good it takes a couple of looks to appreciate just what he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjyO7DJ1n0

Ospreys backline better than Wales?

Phillips v Phillips
    Biggar v Jones
    Shane v Shane
    Henson v Roberts
    Hook v Hook
    Bowe v 1/2p
    Byrne v Byrne

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙄

Lighten up will ya man. I'm not clicking your link either 😛

We don't all agree with your deification of the show pony Henson.

anagallis_arvensis

see its the reason I love Gavin soooooo much :mrgreen: because he divides opinion so much and people think he's a show pony which he certainly isnt. He's a very unflash player in many ways.

firestarter
    Free Member

NOt courted attention ? He was hosting some Shite on one of the sky channels the other day .

ton

angallis, does he push back……………. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

angallis, does he push back…………….

and wiggles!!!!!!!!

He was hosting some Shite on one of the sky channels the other day

when anyone else does it they are being sensible and looking after their interests post rugby, when Henson does it he's a media whore, that was work, I expect he needs the cash now Charls kicked him out and he has no earning from rugby.

backhander
    Free Member

Aussies, Kiwis and maybe the French might get close to it

Delusional. Mind you, we'll find out in about a year won't we?
    The welsh back line have talent in spades, of that there is no doubt but they have also struggled to win games so what is it, tactics? management? fitness? luck? Bit like the england wendyball team in some respects.
    I wish henson all the best of luck personally, I always thought it a dreadful waste. There were definately questions over his mental state though, I thought he had a bit of depression due to his injuries? I'd have a crack at Katherine Jenkins if I were him, she's lovverly. I know she would cheer me up!
    Players can do whatever they want off the pitch (within reason) as far as I care. It's what they do on it that matters to me.

firestarter
    Free Member

No its really was Shite

Coyote
    Free Member

Jason white is the king of the crunching tackle. NO one else comes close

Hmmmm….. Chabal can hurt people too.

anagallis_arvensis

Delusional. Mind you, we'll find out in about a year won't we?
    The welsh back line have talent in spades, of that there is no doubt but they have also struggled to win games so what is it, tactics? management? fitness? luck? Bit like the england wendyball team in some respects.

They are not that good I agree, however the main problem for the backs this season and last has been lack of quick ball (due to the backrow being shite) and lack of a decent passer at 12

Shandy
    Free Member

Delusional – I said they could be the best. We will indeed see in a year, the World Cup is being held in a NZ winter, it is a large number of games in a short time, injuries happen, it is impossible to say who will perform for those 5 or 6 games and who will fail.

As for the England football reference, Wales have two Grand Slams in recent times, England have won nothing for 40 years. When Wales turn up they are a great side. Their front 5 is solid, they have talent coming through in the back row and Henson changes the whole shape of their backline and massively improves the shape of their defence. They have been struggling at 10-12 ever since he flaked out, after all his problems the players will welcome him back with open arms so what does that say about his place and importance in the squad?!

whytetrash

I think he's great..proper talisman for the Welsh team too… Gav Shane and Gethin firing on all cylinders seem to change the morale of the team…got to go now Charlotte needs more consoling 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 337 total)

The topic ‘all hail the return of the king (rugby content)’ is closed to new replies.