Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Aljazeera- Seriously wheres the catch?
  • hora
    Free Member

(For me) great ON THE GROUND reporting. Wheres the catch? Its my go-to world channel.

project
    Free Member

Russia today is also good,Sputnik with George Galloway is a diferent slant on the media anmnd politics.

stavromuller
    Free Member

It’s “dumbed down” for western audiences

TheBrick
    Free Member

Russia today is also good,

Really!?! I know all news channels are biased but RT is just a joke.

GrahamS

Russia today is also good

Really? +1

[video]http://youtu.be/3WAoMXHILts[/video]

Del

so good this is the second time you’ve started the same thread? last time was a year or two ago iirc. no, i have no idea why i remember this.

hora
    Free Member

The Japanese Tsunami coverage was the first

piemonster

Aljazeera English, Fox News of the middle east.

project
    Free Member

Russia today is also good,

Really!?! I know all news channels are biased but RT is just a joke.

Strange its getting a lot of viewers turning awaY from the other news media channels.

Not a viewer then.

Never watched bbc and thought how they bow down to the current government to keep their jobs and pensions intact

piemonster

The BBC being biased, doesn’t mean RT isn’t.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alkazeera is worth watching, it’s always good to get different perspectives.

jeffm
    Free Member

Been impressed with some of Al Jazeera’s world business features, I’m sure as with all/most broadcasters there is bound to be bias shown. IMO bbc is more overt with its bias of late which was turned me off it wholesale.

GrahamS

Never watched bbc and thought how they bow down to the current government to keep their jobs and pensions intact

AFAIK the rest of the world (America in particular) regard the BBC as ridiculously left-wing biased.

samuri
    Free Member

Do Aljazeera portray cyclists as the spawn of satan or as bimbling, humorous characters randomly roaming our streets?

piemonster

Do Aljazeera portray cyclists as the spawn of satan or as bimbling, humorous characters randomly roaming our streets?

Boris? No “or” needed if so.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We get aljazeria coverage of UK events sometimes here in Oz nice to see some independent reporting. In general fox/murdoch press sees every public broadcast as communist it’s hardly news.

Junkyard
    Free Member

AFAIK the rest of the world (America in particular) regard the BBC as ridiculously left-wing biased.

as do the current govt so it must be doing its job pretty well then.
    I think its pretty impartial with a vaguely pro western UK agenda

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I think its pretty impartial with a vaguely pro western UK agenda

Yeah ! what about the rest of the UK !

kimbers

wait, are people saying that the BBC is just the British governments mouthpiece

yet holding up AlJazeera- funded by the Qatari royal family with its strong sunni bias
    and wait for it Russia Today- Putins own private propoganda channel

are beacons of impartiality??

while it is interesting to view the world from a different perspective Im not sure that the concept of a free press means the same thing in Russia, Qatar and the UK

CountZero

while it is interesting to view the world from a different perspective Im not sure that the concept of a free press means the same thing in Russia, Qatar and the UK

Quite.

project
    Free Member

yet holding up AlJazeera- funded by the Qatari royal family with its strong sunni bias
    and wait for it Russia Today- Putins own private propoganda channel

are beacons of impartiality??

But a lot of people like me watch both channels to see what is actually happening in the uk and around the world, with out all the fluffy propoganda that could have been written by the tory party like the bbc produce, and then continually show repeatedly every 15 minutes, betwen stupid jokes about the weather, and their links to outside broadcasts failing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So in summary half the people think the bbc is left leaning and the other half think it’s a tory government mouthpiece.

Balanced then

piemonster

But a lot of people like me watch both channels to see what is actually happening in the uk and around the world, with out all the fluffy propoganda that could have been written by the tory party like the bbc produce, and then continually show repeatedly every 15 minutes, betwen stupid jokes about the weather, and their links to outside broadcasts failing.

Getting your news from RT is no way to avoid propaganda.

maccruiskeen

Large swathes of the media is right-wing weighted. In the UK 7 out of 10 of the major papers have a rightwing editorial even if they don’t always have a largely rightwing readership (half of the Daily Mail’s readership are not rightwing voters). Similarly Sky’s new outlets aren’t tied by any charter that calls for fairness or impartiality. Against that weighting of rightwing press anything close to ‘balanced’ can only appear as a bias to the left. This is all the more stark in the US where Republicans view ‘facts’ and as liberal propaganda.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Aljazeera- Seriously wheres the catch?’ is closed to new replies.