Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alfine crankset on On-One Inbred
  • stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of building up and Alfine 8 Inbred from scratch(mostly from the classifieds) but wondered if the Shimano Alfine crankset will fit OK. It’s a 16inch frame if it that makes a difference. I’m speficially thinking about the clearance between the ring and the chainstay. The rings come in 39T or 45T flavours. If not, does anyone have any suggestions to get near to the 42.7mm chainline?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

honourablegeorge

I’m not sure you want the Alfine crank – I had it on my Roadrat, it’s a 68mm road thing for a start, and the ring only just cleared my roadrat, wider MTB stays wouldn;t work, IMO.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

it fits – not a problem.

& if it helps, I have a alfine11 for sale (in a built wheel, with sprocket, centrelock disc and switch gear) – which I have used on my inbred.

email ihavemine at g mail dot cooom

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Thanks crotchrocket (great username by the way). Did you run the 39T or 45T ring?

I already have the hub/wheel but thanks for the offer. If you had any carbon forks however… 😉

Vortexracing

sorry to hi – jack but I have a Alfine 45 tooth crankset off my Roadrat for sale.

email

eastham8 at aol dot com

Ta

chucky

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Mmmm, interesting – YGM.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Just spoken to On-One and they have confirmed the above suggestions that the Shimano Alfine chainset will not fit the Inbred. So my question now is – as a noob to bike building – what chainset and bottom bracket do I need to look for (either new or from the classifieds) to get a good chainline with the Alfine hub? I’m trying to keep the budget as low as possible and I’m more interested in strength and reliability than bling and low weight.

Again, any advice appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alfine crankset on On-One Inbred’ is closed to new replies.