Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alfine 11 speed issues……..
  • bollard
    Free Member

Hello just got in from a lovely spring weathered ride ! 🙁

Got my wheel back today from Maddison after a rebuild apparently? (no details in box to say so )

Shimano alfine 11 speed sill same issues… if anyone can help ? high gears slip mainly 3rd before sending off i tried new cables installed correct length etc etc .

Am I missing something ??????

failing this back to warranty line .

thepodge
    Free Member

Get an 8 speed. All the reliability and gears you’d ever need.

bollard
    Free Member

very helpful podge ..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

double triple check the cables

thepodge
    Free Member

The 11 speed has been riddled with problems. Loads of people have had to send them back for oil leaks and slipping gears.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Put it in 6th gear and line up the yellow dots on the hub.
    Worked for me

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I used to run an Alfine 8 on a frame that caused ghost shifting under load as it was flexy, what frame is yours on and are there any exposed cable runs?

grtdkad

You get this sorted then bollard?What worked ?

bollard
    Free Member

Hi grtdkad !

Well the whole wheel went back to Maddison ! under warranty new complete internals swopped.

Up to yet its still playing up skips in the 2nd gear only after I changed the inner / outer cable and completely setup again.

Being advised after 1000km the hub needs servicing (oil change)after running it in , at my cost ! Then once every 12months .

grtdkad

Progress then?!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

<cough>Rohloff</cough>

bunglebop
    Free Member

Hi, sorry to restart his but I was just wondering if and how the Alfine 11 issues were ever resolved? I have just set one up and are having a few teathers to say the least. New kit, new cables, set once twice and three time, 184mm, yellow dots, all the usual. Seems to be just fine then out of no where crack, slip crack knackers then business as usual… Could do with out rebuild my nice new wheel and the thing is SO nice when it’s working! Cheers.

porter_jamie

bought an alfine 8 in the on one sale. mate built it into a wheel for me at the weekend, and it couldnt have been easier to set up. put it in 4th, line up the yellows, and havnt had to touch it since. kinda glad i didnt get an 11!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 speed issues……..’ is closed to new replies.