Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Alfa 159 sportwagon – owners thoughts?
  • fruitbat

159 is awsome – here’s mine:

hora
    Free Member

I once spotted a nice A4 on stw classifieds with a recent 3k bill.

A bit of research made me realise that consumables occur and can cost quite abit when added up at service time on a Audi

The DMF and turbo went on my bro in laws 59plate Golf TDI. It had 60
    9k motorway miles at the time

atlaz
    Free Member

I had the valve seats burn out in my 1.2l Polo 5 years ago. Cost 1800 to fix but luckily VAG picked up 1000 of that. I don’t for a minute imagine that any car is fault free.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Cambelt snapped

seemed to happen a lot of 156s as the interval was quoted as 70k, which was too much, plus main dealers didn’t check and tighten as appropriate when servicing – as happened to mine so I now only go to independents 🙂

On 3rd Alfa now, will probably get another after this. 2nd 156 was rock solid and ace to drive – I think the guideline is to not get an alfa from within a few years of its model launch.

tonyg2003

A mate of mine has the 159 2.4 diesel auto wagon. It needed a whole new top end to the engine just before going out of warranty. He seems pleased with it although it’s a little heavy on diesel. I guess the newer 2.0 diesels will be about the same performance and a bit better on diesel. Nice looking car though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Collected it today and other than the fact they didn’t even give me a tank of diesel, very happy. Now I need to work out how to turn off the voice instructions for the nice French lady who tells me which turn to take and how the hell the smart bomb guidance system next to me works for playing MP3s.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Alfa 159 sportwagon – owners thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.