Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 'Aleigh goes to Tenerife'
  • aleigh
    Free Member

Yep that's right – I am off to sunny Tenerife again in 2wks woohoo! 8)

This year hora had offered to be my bodyguard but I fired him due to his rudeness, implying I was going to be just like Mel B from Bo Selecta 😯

I'm going to Puerto De La Cruz and wondered if there was any biking to be done in that area as my mate is likely to just want to sit by the pool all day. If so, when renting out bikes do they cater for petite ladies like moi (aka I need a 14" frame bike) 😆

uplink
    Free Member
    hitman
    Free Member

aleigh
    I surfed puerto de la cruz back in 2002 and noticed on the way down to it from the other side of the island, a number of mtb hire shops. Also at the top people were entering singletrack for what looked a pretty awesome descent.

aleigh
    Free Member

sounds good! i shall have a look and see what i can find out

slimtubing
    Free Member

pics or it didn't happen 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

Two weeks time?????
    I'm flying to Malaga in two days time and I'll be taking my own bike. 😛

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

flatfish- where you going? you've got it lucky it has been peeing it down with rain for the past week, but the sun is out today!

oldfart

BEWARE THE TWATTY MEN !!!!! 😯

badnewz
    Free Member

Hopefully the weather will be great for you. Just in case though take some waterproofs – I was in Lanzarote at the end of last January, and unfortunately 5 of the 7 days it rained. Saying that when you do get the sun it makes it all worth it.

flatfish
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member
    flatfish- where you going? you've got it lucky it has been peeing it down with rain for the past week, but the sun is out today!

staying at villacana but alan at sierra cycling has kindly agreed to let me tag along for some guided rides

Trekster

alan at sierra cycling has kindly agreed to let me tag along for some guided rides

Enjoy 😆

Did that last year. Had 1 day with a guide all to myself 😆 due to airport transfers, rest days etc. Guide had just arrived for the "season" that weekend and we went for a trail familiarity ride.
    Did the same the year before. Stayed on the Costas and got the train up to Alora and rode with Jim @ seasonally unadjusted(think he no longer trades?) Glad we have not booked another Globespan package 🙄

Will wait and see which hol/plane company survives into 2010 ❗ Not living anywhere near London reduces choices somewhat and getting there negates any cheapness of holiday

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Will wait and see which hol/plane company survives into 2010

http://www.sierracycling.com has seen thru a couple of recessions since we started in 1992 and will be around for a few more years yet 8)

rj
    Free Member

I'm in Las Palmas just now, and the weather's fantastic.

hora
    Free Member

aleigh, I coughed over the pc then. Reminds me of the clip where Mel B says 'oh, yeah I've still got it'.

Aleigh, I'd be your bodyguard although you'd think there was a strange Spanish waiter following you around instead of the Kevin Costner that you envisaged…. 😉

saladdodger
    Free Member

I take it that this post is a warning to Tenerife 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Aleigh, I'd be your bodyguard although you'd think there was a strange Spanish waiter following you around instead of the Kevin Costner that you envisaged

hora – bodyguard/waiter – i'm not fussy 😉

saladdodger…..it's a polite reminder to all those hunky young men that i'm on my way! 8) 😆

saladdodger
    Free Member

RUN AWAY 😆

aleigh
    Free Member

i have you know mr saladdodger there's nothing wrong with me 😆

saladdodger
    Free Member

x 😳

forgot you like running 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

it's ok, i know you love me really 😀

i do like running and to be honest i will be running away from any bloke that's remotely english over there….after all i'm on holiday, trying to get away from this place and them lot! 😆

saladdodger
    Free Member

in all seriousness have a good break

see ya with a tan soon eh 8)

Olly
    Free Member

Teneriefe is Hot is it not?
    Hot weather = bikinis and general skimpyness
    …..

vis fred is useless without pichures!

i think we are planning a tenneriefe trip this coming yaar….
    we shall see how that pans out!

jobbyheid
    Free Member

you're in luck! I was reading about Tenerife in an old MBr on the bog the other day (May 09) try..

http://www.mtb-active.com

And Lavatrax get a mention too..

+ Bike Park Tenerife

There's some mountain bike routes here too but knowing the spanish they may we be VERY dull..

have a super time, doll!

aleigh
    Free Member

vis fred is useless without pichures!

i'll post some pics after the holiday just for you 😉

saladdodger – i'll be in the q's soon no doubt so will hopefully see you then 🙂

thanks for your help jobbyheid

Olly
    Free Member

great success! 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

thank god you didn't use the mankini picture……….. 😯

takisawa2

I think Lava Trax[i] are the people my mate rides with out there. He rates them highly.

Potdog
    Free Member

We have an XS frame bike Aleigh which I'm sure will be the right size for you. Only slight problem is that you're going to be staying at the opposite side of the island. But there are ways and means and we're always ready to welcome STW'ers.

We're on shuttle duty this week for a series of DH rides, but normally we can sort something out for more "normal" trails if that's what you're looking for. Or you have the bike park only 20 to 30 minutes away if you're staying in Puerto de La Cruz.

Potdog (AKA Daz @ Lavatrax)

PS. after 2 weeks of generally crap weather here in Tenerife, normal service was resumed yesterday with wall to wall sunshine 😀 Would still always recommend bringing a waterproof jacket though if you plan to to any of the high altitude routes. You can hit cloud banks which can be chilly and damp.

aleigh
    Free Member

Hi Potdog, I'll email you 😀

PS – my transfer from the airport to where I'm staying will involve the bus 😯 so no doubt I'd be able to make my way down to where you are 😆

Potdog
    Free Member

The buses here are pretty cool for getting around with your bike. Most have large storage compartments where you can stow your bike. On the buses that go up to Teide, these compartments are big enough to stand your bike up with only the front wheel removed. On the smaller inter-town buses you might have to pop both wheels and the saddle out, but they fit. 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

i won't be taking my bike! i can just about take my front wheel off so packing it away and putting it back together……need i say anymore! 😯

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘'Aleigh goes to Tenerife'’ is closed to new replies.