Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Alcohol free Beer
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

I second the advice above about not mixing it with actual beer. The Becks is nice if you drink it on its own, but if you have it after a normal one it tastes horrible.

emac65
    Free Member

If I’m driving & unable to have a drink with alcohol in it then I stick to coke(not the stuff that you snort) or orange juice.Mainly for two reasons;
    1)I’ve yet to find a nice tasting one.
    2)Can’t see the point in paying beer prices for brown water

Dibbs
    Free Member

It still gives you a hangover too strangely.

I find that too, what’s the point of that?

Wiksey
    Free Member

As said elsewhere Bravia is quite nice. The biggest problem I find with 0% alcohol beers is that they lack bite. Some of the low alcohol ones are pretty good though.
    There’s a low alcohol badger ale that’s ok.
    Also as mentioned a few times mixing with full strength beers makes the alcohol free beers taste watery and crap.

What is the point of alcohol free beer? Do you people not drive or are you just alcoholics?

chvck
    Free Member

If I’m driving & unable to have a drink with alcohol in it then I stick to coke(not the stuff that you snort) or orange juice.Mainly for two reasons;
    1)I’ve yet to find a nice tasting one.
    2)Can’t see the point in paying beer prices for brown water

In my experience a pint of orange juice costs as much as a pint of beer round here! Also – if I drink coke I end up staying up for a stupidly long time after getting home. I’ve yet to find a nice tasting one too though

hugorune

Alchoholics 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For decent non alcoholic drinks try ginger beer and lime – its not bad. alcohol free beer is just wrong

Kingkona

‘Alcohol free beer is like a BJ from your sister:

it looks right,

it feels right,

but you know it just all wrong!’

A quote from a very experienced straight laced, but brillant British Army Colonel I worked with in Darfur this year!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Um……….not to sounded manly (god forbid) but really what is the point? If your in a pub, thirsty and your driving then why not drink water? Surely the only point of drinking non alchoholic beer is to for some reason disguise the fact that you’re not drinking beer which is strange, perhaps even slightly sinister.

Beer is lovely, but it gets you drunk too. Which is also nice. Without the dubious benefits of alcohol I’m not sure I would have acquired the taste for beer. Pretty sure I would never have started drinking whiskey at any rate.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

For decent non alcoholic drinks try ginger beer and lime – its not bad.

i had couple of those, with ice and a slice of lime last night at the quiz… most refreshing, and we almost won it too!

although…

this is my favourite. by far.

mrsflash
    Free Member

If I’m driving & unable to have a drink with alcohol in it then I stick to coke(not the stuff that you snort) or orange juice.

I can only drink one coke – I hate the way it makes my teeth feel. In fact, same for most soft drinks, they’re mostly so sweet.

I like water, but sometimes you want something else.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I love the way everyone suggests you chill these ‘beers’ to the point where you can’t taste them …

Considered fruit juice? Flat traditional style lemonade is nice too. Or ginger beer.

I hate carbonated syrupy rubbish.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

proper alcohol free beer: Mr. Fitzpatrick’s Black Beer

and their Dandelion & Burdock is apsolutly lovely!
    (the bottles look quite expensive, but they are cordials – so mix em with sparkling water)

All home made in Rawtenstall at the last Temperance Bar in the UK (apparently)

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

I love the way everyone suggests you chill these ‘beers’ to the point where you can’t taste them …

sounds just like the marketing blurb for most UK tasteless lagers then 😆

Fosters, Carlsberg, xXXx, stella etc.

chill em till you cant taste anything.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol free Beer’ is closed to new replies.