Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alarm People – Fix this for me please.
  • samuri
    Free Member

We just had a power cut for an hour or so.
    Our alarm just went on and on and on. Quite embarrassing and was winding me up. That doesn’t seem right. So why does it do it and how can I stop it?

Next question. I assumed by opening up the master box upstairs, I’d be able to find the battery and disconnect it, but I couldn;t get into the box. There are two plastic screws on the front but turning them didn’t do anything. Is there some clever movement I need to apply to the cover? I assume there’s a tamper switch in there so do I need to put an engineer code in or something?

I’m pretty sure it’s a Veritas 8.

Ta.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Are the plastic screws just quarter turn?

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, they feel like they go over a notch each quarter but can keep turning for ever.

Brightspark
    Free Member

The plastic screws are just covers over the normal pozi screws, you can just flick them out with a slotted driver. be warned tough that if you disconnect the internal battery chances are you have an external siren with a battery in also that becomes active when all power is removed from system. This may not please the neighbours. Depending who installed the system will depend on what engineer code is used as different companies use different codes.

samuri
    Free Member

Aah, good point. The alarm was installed before we bought the house but we have the phone number of the installers. Might be better giving them a ring. Reading up suggests that the control box battery might have gone which is why the external alarm was going off.

Greybeard
    Free Member

If it’s a Veritas 8…

http://www.crosbyintruder.co.uk/File/pdf/Veritas8-R8%20Installation.pdf

As above “Remove the screw covers by inserting a screwdriver into the screw cover slot and turning anti-clockwise whilst applying pressure outwards”

Internal battery dead sound likely to me.

stof41
    Free Member

Easy fix

pop the plastic covers off an throw in the bin
    undo 2 pozi screws and take lid off
    internal sounder will go off, just enter your code
    fit new battery available from any electrical wholesalers
    put back together press reset
    should be good to go, very unlikly you would need an engineers code.
    if you did need an engineers code its not a hard panel to default and reprograme.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alarm People – Fix this for me please.’ is closed to new replies.