Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Aiston Cycle Racks owners?
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

hiya guys – looking at getting one of these – the towbar mounted, two bike, wheel support type one.

had a couple of questions for any owners if someone could help me?

i) can the "upright" bars be removed/folded easily, eg to open the rear door in a 4×4 when the bikes are off.

ii) can the unit fold up out of the way at all, so its not sticking out so far (I'm guessing this is unlikley)

cheers for any help

k

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have the four bike version.
    The uprights are fixed on with a single bolt-easily removed.
    With the uprights removed it is a quite flat unit and can be stored quite easily-doesnt fold up though.
    Overall good value especially if you collect and pay cash-gets some discount.
    Any more questions just ask
    Cheers
    Steve

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

cheers, I'll throw a butterfly bolt or something on there to make it a little easier to use the rear door – is it fairly easy to change how many "units" are on there – eg, could I leave it bolted on to the car with one on most of the time and just put the extension on when needed?

steveh

2 is the smallest version and is fixed at that size. the 3/4 bike versions are an extra section that bolts into the 2 bike version to extend it.

It doesn't move at all when fitted though so can't be made smaller.

They are great racks though and worth every one of the small number of pennies need to buy one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Aiston Cycle Racks owners?’ is closed to new replies.