Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Airport gyms?
  • jam-bo

Why does no-one do this?

Killing time in another departure lounge and would quite happily pay for an hour or so of gym access.

Jamie
    Free Member

You would have to make it mandatory for users to have a shower before leaving. Otherwise stinky passengers would be the end result.

….anyway, I am off to Heathrow in a couple of hours. I will be sure to mention it to someone.

scaredypants

think of the chaos on the treadmills

wooobob

You could stay a little bit later at the hotel and use the gym there for free 8)

wwaswas

I think the retail revenue they can make per sq metre vs a gym would sway it for them.

Plus they want bored people spendign money.

jam-bo

Aberdeen hotels don’t really do gyms…

jon1973
    Free Member

Let me tell you where I am with this

Jamie
    Free Member

Can’t you just run round the terminal, Jambo?

jam-bo

Plus they want bored people spendign money.

Best get pissed and buy an iPad then.

wwaswas

imagine all that sweaty kit and trainers sat in overhead lockers for a 12 hour flight, too…

Jamie
    Free Member

Best get pissed and buy an iPad then.

Isn’t there a raffle ticket for a fancy car, you could be buying?

crikey
    Free Member

Why does no-one do this?

Is it because they are not stupids?

As above, nothing to stop you running on the spot for an hour..

Jamie
    Free Member

Indeed. To quote someone from the Mcdonalds thread:

It seems that everyday life really is hard work for some people…

😉

jam-bo

Well as long as I didn’t have a macdonalds first…

Harry_the_Spider

When I used to travel with work I would have paid for a couple of hours crawling about in one of these.

Especially in Zurich, the World’s dullest airport.

jon1973
    Free Member

which kind of highlights the futility of gyms generally.

trailmonkey

Zurich, the World’s dullest airport.

you haven’t been to the isles of scilly then.

Harry_the_Spider

you haven’t been to the isles of scilly then.

It can’t be worse that 8 hours on a hard plastic chair with nothing to look at apart from a pen knife shop.

RealMan
    Free Member

think of the chaos on the treadmills

😀

wwaswas

nothing to look at apart from a pen knife shop

[northern accent]

Luxury!

When I were an international traveller we were grateful if we had freshly painted wall to look at.

[/northern accent]

jon1973
    Free Member

It can’t be worse that 8 hours on a hard plastic chair with nothing to look at apart from a pen knife shop.

Why has no-one clicked on to the fact that they have a huge captive customer base who are just dying for some retail therapy to alleviate the boredom? Seems to be the same at a lot of airports around the world.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Singapore has a carp pond you could swim in.

As to this whole “spend money because you’re bored”, only up to a point. Quick spray of something that smells nice at the duty free, buy a little something to keep the PA happy and then settle down in the lounge for a free beer and free food. Which is nice.

NZCol

Singapore actually has a whole leisure centre and pool you can use in transit – hence i fly that way by choice as it is quite nice having a 4-5hr layover with a bit of a trot, a swim and then some nice nosh. Also a transit hotel.

Harry_the_Spider

buy a little something to keep the PA happy

Who are you kidding? If you were important enough to have a PA you wouldn’t spend so much time on here. 😉

Duh! That is obviously his PA posting. Surprised she didn’t bold the “buy a little something to keep the PA happy”.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I heard his PA is a bike of a bike:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Team PA. Not my own, sadly!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Airports have loads of moving walkways massive treadmills.

NZCol

I have a PA ner ner ner ner ner. She does my shopping for me and everything !

Team PA. Not my own, sadly!

The PA posts again just to remind CFH that there are other rivals for her attention…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Leave him alone, at least he is grateful and thougtful enough to buy his PA something. He’s a good boy who loves his daddy

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Singapore actually has a whole leisure centre and pool you can use in transit – hence i fly that way by choice as it is quite nice having a 4-5hr layover with a bit of a trot, a swim and then some nice nosh. Also a transit hotel.

Same here, along with a hotel you can check into by the hour to catch a quick sleep / shower (and not as dodgy as it sounds)

I don’t fly through Dubai as its a shed, and will now choose singapore for any long haul to Australiasia to break up the flight. Someone in the marketing department should get a head pat.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The transit hotel at Singapore airport was excellent for a few hrs kip and shower, even for none PA plebs like me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

then settle down in the lounge for a free beer and free food.

In what sense is it actually ‘free’?

I remember Sleazyjet objecting to me and a couple of other fellers opening our own beer* on a flight back from Spain. Well, I ain’t paying eighty-five pounds or whatever it is for the World’s tiniest can of beer that they sell in-flight. Not when I can buy 500ml cans in a Spanish supermaket for about 25p each. 😀

*Old days, before all the stupidity about liquids.

We asked what would happen if we refused to comply with their request we stop drinking our own beer (apparently you could eat your own food). They din’t really know.

Stupid really, innit? Us cheapskates ain’t flying with you cos we like your airline, so don’t be surprised when we get our own food and drink out.

aracer
    Free Member

along with a hotel you can check into by the hour to catch a quick sleep / shower (and not as dodgy as it sounds)

Ah, but could it be if you wanted? 😉

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Airport gyms?’ is closed to new replies.