Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • agghh!!!! ********* Talk Talk!!!
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Time for a ******* RANT!!! Long story short, in November I cancelled my previous ADSL contract with Nildram (who were taken over by Opal, owned by Talk Talk), due to a completely **** service that became almost unusable in the evenings. I made a mental note at the time to cancel the direct debit as well, but later forgot to do so. Oops. With the inevitability of a hot fart after a curry, I noticed a few weeks ago that they were still taking money out of the account, so I cancelled the direct debit.

Of course, now I’ve received a letter saying I owe Talk Talk money and they’re going to steal my children if I don’t pay. Tempting as that may sound, I decide against it & phone them to sort out the situation. I’m then on hold listening to bloody awful music for 40 minutes, only to talk to someone who is apparently in the wrong dept (hmm I could have sworn I pressed the button for “to deal with the inevitable Talk Talk ****-up, please press 3”). So, I then wait in line for what seems like an eternity again, only to speak (politely, not that they deserve it) to someone else…who then, without even saying a bloody thing, reboots me back into the original (40 minute) queue!

And that’s where I am now, listening to some ******** **** music and an infuriatingly cheery woman telling me far too frequently that my call will be handled shortly. AGGGH! and whilst typing that last sentence, the call was dropped!! Sweet mother of ****** christ! Anyone got any Bombers I can borrow???

epicyclo

You don’t get any of that rubbish if you write them a letter and send it recorded delivery.

They’ll still faff around but you have evidence.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

They are undeniably shit! They did the same thing to us when we moved the phone line back to BT. Eventually sorted and refunded but I think they make it deliberately difficult.

At least now they’ve stopped phoning me every other week to see if I’d like broadband.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Go and give these folks a call when you keep getting cold called:
    http://www.blueberrywave.com
    They’re a data agency that happens (or happened, they may have lost the account) to provide the offshore agencies with lots of uk cold call data.
    They’re not the doers, but certainly the facilitators.
    In fairness, if you’ve registered on the do-not-call list they should stop calling you within a month or two. Longer and you can have them.

/edit
    Oh and if you’re not on the do not call register, then expect to get another swathe of calls in a few months. There’s only so many folks who can be called, and the policy was to recycle every three months, and in that month call at least three times…

BigJohn

You should have a Direct Debit guarantee from your bank. If you provide them with the evidence that you cancelled the contract yet talktalk continued to take money from you, you should get your money back and talktalk will have somebody with clout giving them a kicking.

stumpy01

Yeah – talktalk are pretty lame to deal with from a customer service point of view, but I have found their service (touch wood) pretty good.

We’ve just moved house & they reckon the earliest they can get us hooked up will be the 22nd March!!
    A mate moved into a new place last weekend too and he is already hooked up with broadband & phone from BT….

And we can’t keep our old number.

fbk
    Free Member

TalkTalk/Carphonewarehouse are, by far, the worst company I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with. I find it really hard not to be rude to the poor folk trying to sell their contracts on the street/in supermarkets

Pigface
    Free Member

When it works they are ok otherwise TT are the worst company I have ever tried to deal with.

boblo
    Free Member

I was a Tiscali customer (and I though they were sh1t) who were bought out by TT. We’ve just been ‘upgraded’ and migrated to the TT network. My access speed has gone from ~5mb to 0.5mb and my bills from ~£27p/m to £70p/m!

I’ve spent hours on the phone to them and they just say ‘it’ll be months before they can sort the speed problem out’…

Tossers of the highest order.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Try calling Oftel. I did when they claimed I owed them £125 to cancel a mobile contract and they instantly caved in and gave me a PAC! I only had to wait about 5 minutes to get onto Oftel and they were very helpful 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘agghh!!!! ********* Talk Talk!!!’ is closed to new replies.