• This topic has 112 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Age gap relationships
  • supertramp
    Free Member

I just watched Piers Morgan interview Barbara Windsor, her partner is 26 (or 28) years her junior, I just wondered how many STW members are in or have been in age gap relationships. What is more common, older male or female? what is the biggest gap? and last but most important does it work?

Stoner
    Free Member

Me 36 she 43

bullheart
    Free Member

Me 34, she 26.

keyses2

Me (female) 35 , him 53. TBH it worked better before he hit 50 and decided he was old, it’s hard work keeping him in a positive frame of mind at times.

onandon
    Free Member

i’m ten years younger than my wife. no issues at all.
    if you get on and have fun, age really isn’t an issue.

BoardinBob

Me 33

Him 60

samuri
    Free Member

Me 43, she 50.
    My sister (who is 45), has married a bloke who is 34. He’s a good lad too. Way, way better than her first husband who was more her age but quite frankly, a ballsac. All money, money and fast cars and that. Her new husband rides mountain bikes. He’s alright in my book, and probably Benji’s too. Except he only rides at weekends. But at least it’s mountain bikes and not cross bikes or road bikes. 10 miles of mountain biking is worth a million cross miles, yes?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Me 65 she 12. oops wrong forum! 😉

Dolcered

me 32 him 40.
    i dont think age matters at all.

supertramp
    Free Member

Roter Stern – Is your stage name Gary G? 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My brother was 35 and divorced with 2 kids when he met his current wife, who was 17 at the time. He went on to have 3 more kids with her, and recently they’ve become grandparents.

EDIT : I had three consecutive long term relationship in which all three were 9 years younger than me. Not a big gap I know, but it was weird that all three were nine years younger than me, and they all followed each other.

Cougar

The Gentleman’s Rule states that it’s acceptable for a boy to date a girl half his age plus seven.

Think about that for a minute. It’s a very good rule of thumb. At 16, your floor limit is 15. At 20, it’s 17. At 30, 22. At 40, 27.

supertramp
    Free Member

Cougar – does it also apply to women and younger men?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Me 37, her 42.

I’ve always liked the more worldly lady.

Stoner
    Free Member

Its one thing to fancy a nubile, young, pert, milky skinned lovely…it’s another being forced to have a conversation with them 😉

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The Gentleman’s Rule states that it’s acceptable for a boy to date a girl half his age plus seven.

What complete and utter bollox.

If it’s legal in your country, and both parties are willing participants, what does the age gap matter?

What kind of moron invented a formula?

Girl “I love you and want to be with you but I’m only…”. Guy “Oh cool, wait hang on, let me get my calculator…”

I never fail to be amazed at the stupidity of mankind.

brakes
    Free Member

I just watched Piers Morgan interview Barbara Windsor

unless you were:
    a) paid a fortune
    b) forced at gunpoint
    c) offered long sexytimes with Cheryl Cole
    … then why did you watch such utter contemptible shite?

Cougar

Cougar – does it also apply to women and younger men?

I never really worked that out TBH. I’m open to suggestion.

Thank you for that eloquent response to a light-hearted comment. In terms of selecting a partner I don’t think age is your biggest worry.

You are Gary Glitter AICM5P. By that logic, I for one look forward to shagging 16 year olds when I retire.

Junkyard
    Free Member

stoner hits the nail on the head

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for stoner…

…I’ve dated women younger than me. Lordy.

I’m a deep thinker and I don’t suffer fools.

Cougar

-1 for Stoner.

The theory is sound, but intelligence does not directly equate to age. I’d rather chat to an intelligent teen that an idiot my own age.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is not about intelligence but wisdom and maturity….I can see why you dont look for that in a partner 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

She was 31 and I was 17,
    I knew nothing about love, she knew everything,
    When I sat down beside her on the front porch swing,
    And wondered what the coming night would bring.

Stoner
    Free Member

its not just intelligence though. and yes there’s plenty of young ladies who are a delight to talk to…. but it’s a rubbish numbers game 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I do have a mate in his early 30s who’s dating an amazing girl of 19. She’s very much the exception to the rule, but she’s absolutely scintillating company.

99% of girls younger than 28 don’t interest me.

supertramp
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Proverbs 31:17 – She girdeth her loins with strength,…. Showing her readiness to every good work; and with what cheerfulness, spirit, and resolution, she set about it, and with what dispatch and expedition she performed it. 😉

culpzy
    Free Member

@tuckeruk Dude chill, its just a joke..

supertramp
    Free Member

culpzy – you’ve lost me, what is just a joke? 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What kind of moron invented a formula?

What a strange thing to get angry about 😕

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Me 21 years younger than her.

Together 21 years.

Still happy, still hate being stuck in hotels away from her.

Does it work?

No idea, I have only had 21 years of experience so far. I will answer back in another 20

tazzymtb

4 years younger than my wife, was dating a 28 year old when I was 17 for a long while. I’ve only ever been out with one person who was my age or younger and it was cack.

Stimulate my brain and interest me with your thoughts and life experience and I’ll crawl over broken glass for you regardless of what you look like

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

tazzymtb – if my wife dies soon. do you want to meet up?

😉

tazzymtb

anytime darling 😀

iDave
    Free Member

me 44, she 28 😯

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Age is just a number.

If two people love each other, who are we to judge?

(Older women are hot)

Worldclassaccident is my hero 😆

mboy
    Free Member

Stimulate my brain and interest me with your thoughts and life experience and I’ll crawl over broken glass for you regardless of what you look like

Someone else who prescribes to the Henry Rollins school of dating too then!

In all seriousness, age doesn’t matter, it’s how you get on with the other person that counts. But as tazzy and others here have suggested, much more often than not, younger women fail to stimulate the brain in such a way! OK, my ex (7 years my junior) was perhaps the single exception, but other than her, just about every girl I’ve ever been involved with (for more than a couple of dates) has been at least a year or so older than me… Read into that what you will, but you can’t buy maturity!

chewkw
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be an issue unless you want children but the body clock is ticking away …

globalti
    Free Member

We have a family friend who was a priest and theological advisor to the Pope, got thrown out of the Vatican for his views on marriage for Catholic priests and at the age of 60 he left the priesthood and married a Jewish woman aged 30. They have two sons who are now at University. He is the kindest, most wise person I have ever known.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I’m 24 she is 22. Not a massive age gap but we have been together for the last 6 years she stuck by me when I have been all over the world playing soldiers. Love her to bits and think it’s there forever.

oddjob
    Free Member

My dad is 62 and last year married a 38 ( now39) year old and they had a baby so I am in the odd position of getting a baby (half) sister at 36 who is younger than both of my own kids!
    It seems fine for now but I don’t understand how it is all going to work in 10 years or so. Thankfully it’s not my problem as such, especially as he lives in the US and I live in Europe as does my brother.

I think the age gap must only really become an issue in later life. Do you really want to be 45 and married to an incontinent 70 year old geriatric?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Age gap relationships’ is closed to new replies.