Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • After Eight Mints
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have* a problem with these. As in, I cannot stop eating them.

So I only ever get them at Christmas. Someone bought me a pack this year, and it took me a couple of days to get through them. Then someone bought me another pack, which I bravely pigged out on to try and get the junk food out of the house. Then just as I’m all set up for the post-Christmas healthy eating thing, someone brought me another pack around. Which had to be eaten up to get rid of the spell. I still feel sick this morning.

* had – not sure I can face any more

scotroutes

Tesco own brand are much better. Proper thick chocolate, not just that thin coating the originals now have.

nedrapier

I have a similar problem. I will check out the Tesco version though.

You can slow up your consumption by playing/practicing the after eight game – mint on your forehead, you’ve got to get it into your mouth without using your hands – facial contortions, head shaking, tongue work. Quickest wins.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Too sweet for me. A couple in and I remember why i’d not touched them for 12 months.

slowoldman

I have a similar issue with whisky. Luckily I only buy it at Christmas.

breadcrumb

I hear you.

I struggle to stop with them, to the point the missus will ask how she’s only had two and the box is empty.

ajantom

I haven’t been as keen on them since reading Nicholas Crane’s ‘Clear Waters Rising’.

They are discussing food near the top of Mont Blanc and one of the climbers says he wishes he’d brought some toothpaste because….”Thin slices of Mars Bar smeared with toothpaste make quite passable after dinner mints”.

I can’t eat an After Eight without thinking of this now!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

After Eights – The mints you buy for people you don’t particularly like.

Bendick’s Bittermints FTW!

molgrips
    Free Member

I struggle to stop with them, to the point the missus will ask how she’s only had two and the box is empty.

My daughter likes them, but her treat intake is strictly rationed. She’s going to go nuts when she discovers daddy’s eaten the lot AGAIN.

Re the chocolate/mint balance – one a8 wrapped around a piece of dark chocolate is fantastic and possibly even better than a virgin a8.

breadcrumb

After eight’s on steroids-

Nomnomnom

stumpy01

Hmmmm, I always think that I am not bothered by them.
    It’s something I would never consider buying.

But then I have one…..and before I know it I have a screwed-up ball of about 10 little black sleeves…..

perchypanther
    Free Member

After Eights are great as long as no one puts an empty envelope back in the box.

That’s a ****s trick.

mattsccm
    Free Member

They are one of those things that would be much better as a single lump the size of the box.

slowoldman

Thanks nedrapier, that’s why I limit it to Christmas. It’s like giving a donkey strawberries.

PiknMix
    Free Member

If you want to get over your love affair, buy the strange after eights that come in milk, white and dark chocolate (After Eight selection) they are so foul you will never want another proper after eight again.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Freeze them

perchypanther
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Freeze them

You sound more and more like a Bond villain every day. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Nestlé is banned in this house, which means we don’t have this problem.

bruneep

Wow you really must go out of your way not to have any of THIS in your home.

Dickyboy

Nestlé is banned on this household

Once elicited the phrase “but I don’t care about starving babies” in this household

igm

CFH and breadcrumb +1 (each)

molgrips
    Free Member

After Eights are great as long as no one puts an empty envelope back in the box.

Our house is strewn with the things… they have got everywhere.

DezB
    Free Member

Now has image of molgrips feaverishly attacking After 8s box, flinging envelopes around, with dark choc all round his gob.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

That’s a ****s trick.

😀 That’s all part of the game when it comes to making sure you get more than your fair share.

ulysse
    Free Member

Matchmakers?

igm

No

technicallyinept
    Free Member

which I bravely pigged out on to try and get the junk food out of the house

Shortbread and biscuits done. Just the ferrero rocher to go.

I know what you mean about the After Eights; I also have the same problem with Maltesers.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

All flavoured chocolate is awful, mint is the worst.

Cougar

I know what you mean about the After Eights; I also have the same problem with Maltesers.

I was just about to post about Maltesers. I stopped buying them in the end, I can sit in front of the telly with a catering pack like Homer Simpson and quietly demolish the lot.

See also, Jaffa Cakes.

Houns

We’ve had the after eight version of matchsticks the last few years. Still unsure what I make of them, need another pack or two to decide

Houns

Oh and +1 for breadcrumb

Proper teeth itching stuff

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wow you really must go out of your way not to have any of THIS in your home.

I know. It’s quite the list. That’s before you get into companies with ties to Nestlé, such as Bosch and Rachel’s yogurt.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like matchmakers too.

We have a box of after eight style wafer thigns but with coffee something instead of mint. Not opened yet. Other than that, we only have the remains of a selection box and a big box of random sweets accumulated at parties and since halloween. They are easy to ignore.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘After Eight Mints’ is closed to new replies.