• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • BoardinBob

chewkw – Member
    seosamh77 – Member
    Hmmm, it’s now the conservative and UNIONIST party!
    Ya, SNP … independent referendum – dead.

Ya, United Ireland … dead.

UK … Yes.

Woohoo …

Please ban this roaster. Please.

km79
    Free Member

Woohoo … 

The people you are woohooing would have you deported out the country in a heartbeat.

Congratulations on your ‘victory’.

jekkyl

love this guy. 😀 have you seen his Manifesto?
    quite like no15.

kimbers

chewk in uncharacteristic huge misunderstanding of reality 😉

Tories lost Kensington by 20 votes, so they have a majority of 2, with the DUP?

May & Davis really are colossal idiots arent they !

grum
    Free Member

Labour, Lib Dem, Green, SNP, SInn Feinn coalition anyone? 😈

chewkw
    Free Member

km79 – Member

Woohoo …

The people you are woohooing would have you deported out the country in a heartbeat.[/quote]

Conservatives rely on commonwealth citizen vote to ensure UK remains intact.

Congratulations on your ‘victory’.

A victory is a victory regardless …

Theresa May is doing the right thing because now she can say she fight for it … Not given. 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

Labour, Lib Dem, Green, SNP, SInn Feinn coalition anyone?

Imagine trying to hold that together!

mefty
    Free Member

It is effecitvely 3 more because SF won 7 seats in NI and don’t sit.

kimbers

you were right about Zac the racist winning back Richmond mefty, 45 votes is still a win!

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    chewk in uncharacteristic huge misunderstanding of reality

May & Davis really are colossal idiots arent they !

Losing those seats does not mean very much because now we are still heading for Brexit.

DUP will always side the Govt because of who they are. They will never back Corbyn. 😆

BoardinBob – Member

C’mon …

It’s a narrow win. Very narrow win. 😆

tjagain

SF do not take their seats, SNP will not go into coalition nor could Scottish labour stomach that happening

kimbers

DUP will always side the Govt because of who they are

homophobic bigots?

chewkw
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    Let’s just see how this plays out!

As usual … handbags everywhere … 😆

kimbers – Member

DUP will always side the Govt because of who they are

homophobic bigots? [/quote] You just have to go over to ask them don’t you? 😆

AlexSimon

May’s speech was unbelievable and not credible.
    This sums up my feelings:

Northwind

seosamh77 – Member

dugdale really should walk, the seats they got where in spite of her. Many people in scotland were bursting to vote for labour.

I’ve said this elsewhere but, Scottish Labour made it possible for the Tories to form a government. They’ll call their 7 seats a success but I don’t know if they even understand the collateral damage. They came within a bawhair of turning my seat blue and again I think they’ll consider that a success. I don’t even know how to react to that.

chewkw
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    May’s speech was unbelievable and not credible.
    This sums up my feelings:

Brexit still on whether you like it or not.

It is absolutely credible because she got the balls to stand on her own rather than inherited her position.

Way to go PM May. I support PM May. 😆

mefty
    Free Member

you were right about Zac the racist winning back Richmond mefty, 45 votes is still a win!

Yes, one silver lining, closer than I expected but bucked the trend of the LibDem fightback in SW London.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve said this elsewhere but, Scottish Labour made it possible for the Tories to form a government. They’ll call their 7 seats a success but I don’t know if they even understand the collateral damage. They came within a bawhair of turning my seat blue and again I think they’ll consider that a success. I don’t even know how to react to that.

Mine also almost went Tory. The Labour vote was down and the Tory vote way up but SNP held on with a reduced majority of just over 1000.

scotroutes

Scottish Labour made it possible for the Tories to form a government.

Yep. I pointed this out before the polling stations opened and many Labour “supporters” were gladly congratulating the Tory wins in Scotland overnight.

km79
    Free Member

Scottish Labour should really join with the Scottish Tories to form a single party after this election. Neither are in line with their national parties.

mefty
    Free Member

Yep. I pointed this out before the polling stations opened and many Labour “supporters” were gladly congratulating the Tory wins in Scotland overnight

Vice versa as well, if you watched the first Labour gain, the Tory seemed the happiest guy on the stage.

ferrals
    Free Member

I agree @AlexSimon, I thought she was just a classic career politician and a not very bright one that that. I now think she’s barking bad.
    Even John Redwood said there would need to be significant concessions based on how the country voted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

+1 he really bring nothing to the table except length and incomprehensibility

gwaelod
    Free Member

Amazon Echo achieves sentience

mrhoppy

tjagain – Member
    SF do not take their seats,

It’ll be interesting to see whether the increased power of the DUP might bring SF to vote just to oppose them.

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s a hung parliament.

Conservative party is still in govt albeit DUP at their side.

Stability maintain.

Brexit on the way.

PM May got the guts to call for her own election rather than inheritance.

She is very tough.

I support PM May.

Brexit here we come … 😆

kimbers

keep up the trolling chewk, you can convince yourself this went well for you…..

jam-bo

I support PM May.

that makes you and PM May then.

Klunk
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

some went to the Tories as leaving the EU was more important to them than independence for Scotland.

My colleague is a committed nationalist, and voted leave because he thought leaving the EU would increase the chance of a second independence referendum and increase the chance of a yes result. With independence and brexit both hanging over us as well as all the normal stuff it’s far more complex and unpredictable than it ever has been before.

greentricky
    Free Member

Tories offering the DUP a lordship for Peter Robertson as a sweetener apparently, how is that allowed

theotherjonv
    binners

Are they going to ban abortion, Catholicism and gayness?

graemecsl
    Free Member

Well I’m pleased, just the sight of Clegg being handed his marching orders, not to mention Alex Salmon and that other SDP bore who’s name I don’t even want to remember but it’ll be great not having him irritating me on Question Time in future.

So as I thought, they gave it away, lost the social media battle, offended their core vote, have no mandate for that ludicrous manifesto they tried to sneak by us on the back of our desire to have them represent us in the Brexit negotiations.

So no hard border in Ireland, and a more constrained approach to the single market which I think they’ll now have to remain a member of.

They and this is all politicians, had better pay heed to some of the desires of Corby’s manifesto if they want to retain the interest of the youth vote they keep cracking on about demanding, Canterbury going is exactly because of the young and if nothing changes they are unlikely to forgive a 2nd time.

I like Hung parliaments it means they can’t get unpopular shit through, I doubt they’ll last long but at least we may see the triple lock maintained and they may have to spot that austerity is now over.

A Good night, shame about the Greens but not surprising they haven’t a clue, think I might have to join the damn party and try to talk some sense into it.

cookeaa

So it seems we’re looking at a scraped together Con/DUP coalition that could easily self destruct within a few months, a new PM within the next couple of weeks probably (Boris was looking a bit shifty earlier)…

And really all Corbyn needs to do is sit back and let the wheels come off to capitalise…

Is Brexit “Safe” now, I’d say not, a reduced commons majority and lots of knives being sharpened no doubt, negotiations apparently start with the EU next week 😆 .
    Tory infighting and a weakened mandate at home will bollox any “Deals” so Teresa has achieved precisely the opposite of her stated goal in going to the polls.

This is what I was asking about back up the page, If we get an election re-run within the next Year (assuming Corbyn maintains his support elsewhere) could Labour swing it by concentrating more on Scotland?

chewkw
    Free Member

graemecsl – Member
    Well I’m pleased, just the sight of Clegg being handed his marching orders,

Any die hard EU bureaucratic spoke person going is a good thing. 😛

I like Hung parliaments it means they can’t get unpopular shit through, …

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member
    So it seems we’re looking at a scraped together Con/DUP coalition that could easily self destruct within a few months, a new PM within the next couple of weeks probably (Boris was looking a bit shifty earlier)…

Not going to happen even when you wish for one. 😛

A strong PM does not allow the oppositions to dictate terms. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am sure May wont have any ethical problems with this

Klunk
    Free Member

The lack of a mandate for May emboldens the House of Lords, wanting to be able to bitch slap a few remoaner peers was partly to blame for her catastrophe!

GrahamS

The Conservative & UNIONIST party

I keep thinking they need a couple more letters in that acronym…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.