Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Afan Trail/Access conditions ?
  • thekingofsweden

Anyone been down this week ?

Whats the access like ?

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

one of the lads here at work lives over the hill-says the road is open.Don't know about trail conditions though.

singlespeedstu

With you being the king of sweden you'll be used to all the snow and get through no problem.

Have you not got a suitable car at work that you could "borrow" for some snowy fireroad action. 😉

thekingofsweden

Sure have mate just converting a 230hp 205 Gti into Forest spec as we speak

And i was only asking about the snow lest you and wok boy might use it as an excuse to stay home in the pub 🙂

Vans got diff lock and M and S tyres too !

singlespeedstu

You got your van tyres from Marks and Spencers? 😉

Lummox

interested in knowing trail conditions myself, trekking up from southampton on wed next week, bit hard to judge from here.

confuzzed
    Free Member

Drove from Swansea (where there is very little lying snow) to Afan to ride Penhydd this morning. Wonderful sunny day ao I was looking forawrd to a quick blast around Penhydd.

The car park has a couple of inches of lying snow, but I thought the trails would be clearer, particualrly under the trees.

Nope. Pushed most of the first climb, most of Desolation, managed to ride nearly to Hidden valley, then half rode, half slid down it before deciding enough was enough and using a shortcut to get to Afan (the section down to the stream.

Basically the only rideable section was the last section to the back of the visitors centre (which is when my rear tyre decided to pop of the rim).

That ride/push took and hour and three quarters, so conditions at Afan are not really worth travelling down for. Sorry.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Paging kingofsweden… am interested in the old xtr spider u mentioned in my post in classifieds. Could you please e-mail me on davelockyerATbtopenworldDOTcom

mikey3
    Free Member

rode penhydd yesterday and if i was you i,d give it a miss,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Afan Trail/Access conditions ?’ is closed to new replies.