Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ae Trail maintenance tomorrow?
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

Hey,
    is anyone going to help with the Ae Trail Demons tomorrow morning? i tried getting there last time but it was cancelled due to the snow. tomorrow is the next one. i tried sending them an email but didn't get a response to confirm whether it is happening or not.
    so does anyone know if it is definitely on tomorrow?

oh, and if anyone wants a lift from dumfries then i have space for one person + bike. going out to fettle with my bike but will be back in an hour or so so leave a message here, or email in profile.

andy

Trekster

Rob is out of the country at the moment so unlikely anything has been arranged.
    The FC team have other major priorities atm repairing snow/flood damage.
    Give Steve a call at the shop tomorrow am or try him on Facebook.

Fancy a ride at Mabie Sun @ 9?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

is rob the only one that organises these sessions then?
    i really should have got round to calling them today. hindsight is a wonderful thing. have just looked on the website and the shop opens at 9. trail demons meet is at 9 also. i will probably try ringing early in the morning and hope someone is in the shop before opening times.

if i don't get out tomorrow then i may take you up on the sunday ride- will reply back on here tomorrow if i can make it, otherwise assume i can't. are you doing the normal route or your off-piste mabie special (which i have heard a lot about, but have yet to come along on!)
    thanks for the information, will be better prepared the next time the trail demons head out!

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i did manage to do some trail repairs this morning- it seems like rob and craig run the trail demons together, so another bit of granny green luv has been attended to. and i appreciated it when i went for the loop in the afternoon- it seems a lot rougher in places than i remember (been 2 years since i last rode there), but left me grinning at the end which is what matters! it appears a few people know who you are around here- a bit of a local celebrity!

will have to get out to mabie again soon, but not tomorrow unfortunately. one of the helpers today was saying that there is a new bit at the start? it has been a couple of months since i was last there so what have they done?

again, thanks for the offer trekster. hope the weather is as good tomorrow morning as it was today- superb!

Trekster

it appears a few people know who you are around here- a bit of a local celebrity! 😳

Just an old bloke who has been around a bit 🙄

there is a new bit at the start?

Would assume it is the new, improved Ridge section.

craig run the trail demons together

Taught him all he knows about trailbuilding 😉
    Him and some of his mates(Fraser)helped build the "new" climb to Rollercoaster, Marthrown section and a repair job on Badstep section yrs ago when they were still at school.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ae Trail maintenance tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.