Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ae forest DH:How difficult?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Planning a trip to Ae next month instead of Inners. It looks good in the videos with some pretty sizable jumps, which I would hope to have managed before the end of my trip. One of the group is a much more wheels on ground rider, do the chicken runs flow? Will he wish he hadn’t bothered?

Thanks in advance.

D0NK

when we went last year there were a couple of decent drops on bends with no warning so take it easy on your first run down and memorise where they are – one of our group forgot about one of them….ouch. The BIG stuff was easy enough to spot ride around.

t-p26
    Free Member

More variety @ InnerLEITHEN, only a couple of dedicated DH tracks @ Ae. You could always walk the courses first???

Ewan
    Free Member

Do you mean the actual dh course or the ae line xc route? The dh course has a few gaps of a fair size and a *big* step down at the bottom. It is a proper dh course…

Bagstard
    Free Member

It is the actual DH course I’m talking about, on an uplift weekend. We usually do Inners, but the dates don’t work for us and I fancy a change.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I’ve done the easier of the two at AE and apart from the road gap which is easily miss-able is not much harder than a normal red/black trail centre trail.

grum
    Free Member

The Shredder course isn’t too crazy at all, but to get the most out of it you would want to be able to drop off 1-2 feet.

GW
    Free Member

there’s nothing very difficult on Ae DH track for an experienced DH rider (tracks hardly changed in 10 years)
    in answer to your question about chicken lines, all the drops/jumps can be chickened out but no the chicken runs don’t flow well, and neither they should 😛

Bagstard
    Free Member

GW, I concur! 🙂

craig1975
    Free Member

my self and a couple of my mates have just started to try a bit of DH this year. Ae was our first DH track, the first time we rode it back in april, wee felt quite intimidated with it, wee went back and gave it another shot a month ago, it didnt seem as bad, there are are a few big jumps, doubles, gaps etc, all can be ridden round if its not your thing, there is a good wee gap jump over a burn that can catch you out if your not going quick enough, it doesnt look like a gap jump on the approach, so watch out for that, the gap its self isnt crazy but can catch you out, the shredder and omega man is much fun, ideal if you find the main dh track a bit too much…. inners has more choice though, but ae is well worth checking out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ae forest DH:How difficult?’ is closed to new replies.