Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ae and Dalbeattie Diversions lifted!!
  • FCRanger
    Free Member

Hey

Just to let you all know that as of today, the final diversions at Dalbeattie due to the harvesting works were removed and Dalbeattie is currently clear of diversions!! None at all,nil,zero,zilch!!

Ae has also just had the massive diversion from the bridge at the Face removed as well, which re-opens The Face, Bran Burn Bash and the Edge. There had also been a diversion at Bran Burn Bash whilst re-surfacing works were being carried out (no longer like riding on half bricks), but its also been opened as well!!

Still odd little pockets of ice here and there so please take care!!

defaultslipper
    Free Member

out of intereset, how come the big diversion at ae has been lifted?
    was at ae at the weekend and was told the bridge was unsafe and needed to be torn down and rebuilt. either there is a very quick turnaround, or is the bridge now considered safe to cross?

either way, i am glad as that diversion missed off a huge chunk of the route including the face and the edge, 2 of the best bits!

Trekster

Been repaired with the proviso that it will be replaced within 2mths or so is what I understand, engineer having laid out what to do to get it back in use meantime ie lift and replace decking and repair/replace side rails and fix off ramp supports.

forge197
    Free Member

Just in time for me being able to get back on the bike in a week or so 🙂

Good news on AE bridge.

Trekster

Hows things forge?
    House move going well?
    Knees/leg getting better?
    Next few weekends are not good for me btw 😐
    got a big day out on the 21st planned tho 🙂 Taking some guys doing there TCL assessment out for a 6hr ride 😈
    Looking at creating a new bit of trail behind New Abbey 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Trekster – YGM 🙂

Should add next few weekends aren't good for me but will be ramping up the miles and time hopefully, this though depends on tomorrow leg test ride!!

teagirl
    Free Member

Goody! Last time we were at Ae we felt cheated! Only 2 hours from here…. 😆

Trekster

Hi teagirl
    My nickname @ work is teabag 😆
    If you fancy coming up and fancy a "locals" guide around the trails give me shout. Mabie & Dalbeattie a speciality 😉
    There is some of-piste at Ae but it is hike a bike ❗ or long distance with a fair bit of forest road.

Where are you? South Lakes or thereabouts?

teagirl
    Free Member

We're in Skipton, Trekster! Fair wind (fast car), early start and we're up in 2 hrs. I'll see the girls and sort a plan, we tend to prefer long routes to hiking, we got stamina! We'll follow you, Teabag!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ae and Dalbeattie Diversions lifted!!’ is closed to new replies.