• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advisability of riding with a bruised foot
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Morning 🙂

I’ve got a badly bruised foot, it took a large load across the top of the toes about a week ago. Initially swollen little toes but didn’t feel broken. Still painful, bruising over tops of the three smaller toes coming through now, painful to stand on in flat office shoes (better in padded trainers).

Would I be an idiot to try to ride a mtb right now? I’ve been off with one injury or another for months now, and I really wanted to do Ardrock, but I’m thinking it’s probably unwise… :/

crikey
    Free Member

What would your Mum say, eh?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Honestly doubt it would do any long-term harm, might make it feel worse for a day or two but if you can actually ride ok I don’t see any real need to stay off the bike.

martinhutch

You’ve still got a few days until the Ardrock for the swelling to start going down. Ice it twice a day, keep it propped up at work and neck the occasional Ibuprofen with your lunch.

Anyway, what’s the worst that could happen? Turn up in Swaledale, ride for a couple of hours, bail in agony and drink beer in a field all weekend. I’ve had worse trips 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Heres an idea, ask your doc?

igm

Ibuprofen? All the cool kids are on Naproxen these days.

Try it. If it hurts too much, stop. That’s what pain’s for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advisability of riding with a bruised foot’ is closed to new replies.