Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Chemtrails???
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Morning All,

Do any of you guys buy into the chemtrails conspiracy theory?

I’ve always dismissed it as a paranoid fantasy, but i’ve just been out riding and whilst stopped at the top of the hill to have a brew (rest!) and was watching the planes leave contrails that seem to expand out and out and out and they’ve ended up covering the sky turning what was a gloriously sunny day into a cloudy day. It was quite weird they were in a grid format and just spread and spread!

The paranoid part of me is starting to wonder!

Any thoughts not matter how left field, grounded or wacky???

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What a crock of….

cokie

🙄
    If I was at all worried about some chemical based national/global mind control (which I’m not), then I would look no further than our water supply.

imnotverygood

🙄

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Ha don’t get me wrong about being paranoid and i suppose if you did want to reach the masses then the water supply would be the way…. Ive never seen anything quite like it before! Maybe they’ve changed their fuel mix ratio or soemthing???

Just an odd thing to watch!

I shant be breaking teh tin foil hat out just yet though, i think i need a bit more convincing 🙂

Drac

Maybe you’ve just noticed that planes cause pollution.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What no search this shit came up a while ago. Damm overlords deleting the evidence again

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Drac, given the amount of aviation traffic then surely the skies would constantly be a mass of plane exhaust fumes?

LeeW

It’s not the best song on the album but it’s ok.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

then surely the skies would constantly be a mass of plane exhaust fumes

One man’s fumes is another mans/trees air…

theotherjonv

It was quite weird they were in a grid format and just spread and spread!

Almost as if there’s some sort of controller of the skies telling them where they can and can’t fly, so they’re nicely spaced out.

I think this bit’s been covered before, it’s called the Swanwick effect or something.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Google “Global dimming” and look at it in relation to 9/11 as well

stewartc
    Free Member

You should really do other things on your day off than looking at Chemtrails, like driving vintage Ferrari’s.

GrahamS

Maybe they’ve changed their fuel mix ratio or soemthing???

They are mostly condensed water, not fuel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

psychle
    Free Member

Drac, given the amount of aviation traffic then surely the skies would constantly be a mass of plane exhaust fumes?

I seem to remember that after 9/11 (when all air traffic was grounded for a few days) the average temperature increased due to the reduction in cloud cover (that planes cause), so they do make quite a difference. It’s not exhaust fumes btw, it’s condensation

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It really makes you think…

ninfan
    Free Member

The whole ‘chemtrails’ thing grew out of Chem and bio warfare research that DID take place in the fifties, with inert agents dispersed by a number of different routes and monitored to see how they would spread.

It was secret at the time, but well documented and all the files are there. However it clearly led to rumours, that idiots are still perpetuating today.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1740210/

GrahamS

“Chemtrails” emerging in circles from hidden sprayers in the ends of the propellers?

Or just air being compressed and condensing?

By TreyFitz at the English language Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0

Houns

If there was mind controlling stuff in them then surely better to be put in petrol/diesel and breathe them in via car fumes

bails
    ninfan
    Free Member

Houns, technically I believe we’ve gone the other way – rather than adding stuff for mind control, it turns out that by removing lead from petrol we have reduced violent crime.

Now, that leads to a great conspiracy theory whereby we were actually making people more violent by adding stuff to petrol, but we didn’t know that we were until after we stopped doing it…

Now, if only we could turn off those cooling towers at the power stations, or ‘cloud factories’ as I call them…. You do realise that without them, there wouldn’t be any clouds, right?

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Mind control or not…..it looks a bloody mess and it’s ruined my tanning for the morning!

GrahamS

Now, if only we could turn off those cooling towers at the power stations, or ‘cloud factories’ as I call them…. You do realise that without them, there wouldn’t be any clouds, right?

LOL – I thought it was just me. I have both my girls convinced that’s where clouds come from and they point them out on car journeys.

I should probably correct them before they get to A-level Geography 🙂

Oh and don’t get me started on Wind Farms. Don’t we have enough wind being generated by the trees waving about without adding to it with giant fans??

philjunior
    Free Member

As others have said, the exhaust is very moist and will spread out. Any soot will help any moisture in the air to condense out too.

What amuses me about conspiracy theories is that very few people believe only one. And some even quote self defeating evidence about them.

Cougar

I’ve always dismissed it as a paranoid fantasy

Quite right too. Cart on.

(Spoiler: it’s steam.)

bentandbroken

For those that mock and say it is just “water vapour”; pop along to an air display this year and watch what teams such as the Red Arrows leave behind and then tell me its just water vapour. I’ve never seen red water….

GrahamS

What amuses me about conspiracy theories is that very few people believe only one.

Yep – there seems to be a rising number of conspiracy theories that are based around “I don’t understand how that works, therefore it must be an evil global plot”.

Once you get the notion that thousands of years of science is all a big hoax, then that pretty much opens the doors to any bizzarro explanation you can think of.

And then you can reassure yourself that you’re not thick.
    Actually you are really clever and enlightened because you can see through all the lies from NASA/BigScience/BigPharma/MilitaryIndustrialComplex/Aliens/Masons/DaGub’ment that all the sheeple fall for.

(See also: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earthers, free energy, etc etc)

tomkerton
    Free Member

@bentandbroken – please tell me you’re joking?

tomkerton
    Free Member

@psycie this is a common urban myth and demonstrably false. Google is your friend here.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve seen brown water – but I don’t think it’s that they’re spreading

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’ve always dismissed it as a paranoid fantasy

that is all.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

(Spoiler: it’s steam.)

So my breath on a cold morning is >100C?

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

At the risk of receiving a whoosh parrot, Red Arrows’ smoke trails are… diesel smoke (with a bit of pigment to look pretty). Bit like driving a TDI with knackered injectors.

Cougar

So my breath on a cold morning is >100C?

Ok, water vapour. I was simplifying.

yunki
    Free Member

What are the exhaust fumes like from passenger jets?

There was definitely a palpable descent of murky smog that was entirely visible after they re-opened the flight paths following that volcanic eruption in Iceland..

the sky turned from a deep azure to a milky blue within a couple of hours

disclaimer: I have absolutely no belief in the chemtrails conspiracy, but am concerned by air pollution

fasthaggis

they’ve ended up covering the sky turning what was a gloriously sunny day into a cloudy day. It was quite weird they were in a grid format and just spread and spread!

Yes,some mornings I can taste chemtrails in the office,at least I think that’s what it is.

tomkerton
    Free Member

@yunki – CO2 and water vapour. The hot water vapour hitting the cold air aloft causes condensation in some atmospheric circumstances.

tomkerton
    Free Member

@fasthaggis – you can’t taste chemtrails because there is no such thing.

Northwind

GrahamS – Member

And then you can reassure yourself that you’re not thick.
    Actually you are really clever and enlightened because you can see through all the lies from NASA/BigScience/BigPharma/MilitaryIndustrialComplex/Aliens/Masons/DaGub’ment that all the sheeple fall for.

Aye, that’s how I sum it up… Knowing things other people don’t know is satisfying. But it’s also hard- and often the areas where it’s easy to know a lot, are pretty niche or dull anyway, so you become a pub bore. If you want to know something exciting that nobody else does, the quickest way is to know something that isn’t true. Either find some existing bullshit, or make up your own.

MSP

I live about 30km from Frankfurt airport, an when air traffic was stopped due that Icelandic volcano, it was incredible how clear the sky was for a while.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Chemtrails???’ is closed to new replies.