Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice Please (Injury Content!)
  • Haze

I know there’s a few Doctors on here, so…

I may have cracked a rib – is it really worth waiting around in the hospital all afternoon just to be told to go home and rest?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cracked loads. If you haven’t punctured a lung just go home and start on the Ibuprofen. If you have punctured a lung you would know about it by now.

TimP
    Free Member

Dont bother going (unless you are bored at work!)
    I went and was told that as it wasnt impeding my breathing (not coughing up blood etc), they would not treat it. Apparently it increases the likelyhood of chest infections if you get strapped up. I didnt get an X-ray, just told to take pain killers and if it was broken it would hurt for a while, and I would know when it was good enough for sports

Haze

Cheers, I’m never that bored at work that I’d swap for a trip to A&E 😀

No probs with breathing or anything, hurts like hell though – Ibuprofen it is then!

Any ideas how long before I’ll be able to ride again? Days or weeks?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’ll hurt for a bit when you sneeze, cough, etc, but you will be fine. I have a cool handlebar shaped bruise when I did some of mine!

TimP
    Free Member

I was 6 weeks to playing rugby again, but 4 to being back on the bike (on road only). Really depends on your pain threshold and where it is. I got a knee in the back (playing rugby) so mine was just next to my spine between shoulder blades, and I struggled to move my arms at all for first week or so.

Haze

Ok, I’ve been shopping – beer, whisky & ibuprofen.

Should be an early night tonight then… 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please (Injury Content!)’ is closed to new replies.