Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tags
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Is there a place where we can see all tags?

I’d be interested to see how the chat forum would appear if sorted by tag, rather than by topic title.

scaredypants

bottom of the "forums" page has the currently "hot tags" – the bigger they are, the more times they occur

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Out of the ~10 I’ve just clicked, ~8 took me to ‘for sale’ threads, as I expected.

Makes sense, cos sellers are bound to tag their adverts carefully but it leads me to think, as I suspected anyway, that the tags window at the top of chat threads is really only useful as a place to make anonymous comments on the discussion.

Most of the tags I’ve seen are hardly useful from a search or metadata point of view. It’s more like graffiti; "Dorset Knob = Knob", for instance.

I think they’re quite funny, and I’d be interested to see the tag cloud from the chat forum only, with tags from For Sale threads ignored.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

LOL -people are so bored they’re clicking on threads they find boring, just so they can write "boring" on it.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Well just so you know the moderators are able to see exactly who posted a tag. Rude or inconsiderate tags will not be tolerated.

spooky_b329

Another vote for ‘tag clouds’ below the sub forums 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tags’ is closed to new replies.