Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • advice on samsung galaxy tablet options please
  • turneround

Wanting to get a tablet for the wife‘s birthday, she wants a galaxy to synch with her phone and work stuff etc. Can anyone help with telling me the difference between the samsung galaxy 10.1 2014 edition and the galaxy tabpro? The pro is £50 more runs kitkat not jellybean but i dont have a clue what this means

chudsy
    Free Member

We have a Galaxy tab3 7.0 and a Nexus 7, the Nexus is the better gadget. Galaxy is very laggy and buggy, Android will synch to any other Android device regardless of manufacturer. Try a few and see which you find best.

turneround

Cheers, she’s after a 10 inch one

Stoner
    Free Member

2nd the Nexus range over Samsung.

Nexus are developed for android to run unmolested. Samsung cant help but cripple their own machines with either bloatware, their own OS GUI, or lower spec hardware. We have 3x Nexus 4, 2x Nexus 7 and a Nexus 10 in our family, and they all run smoothly and reliably with up to date OS upgrades first and seamless Google integration.

My brother’s experience with Samsung caused him to move to one of the N4s and he’s far happier for it.

Unfortunately Nexus 10s are not in stock at Google Play at the moment. But gen 1 Nexus 7 refurbs are available from resellers for v good prices and IMO the 7 is a very handy size.

nickjb
    Free Member

Not sure I totally agree with the comments above. I have a tab 3 and while it isn’t as slick as the nexus 7 it was also half the price so not really a fair comparison. It is way better than the Chinese own brand tablets that it is only slightly more expensive than. The higher specced Samsungs are slicker than the tab. Not sure about integration. Android integration is pretty good between all devices but as mentioned above Samsung do mess the OS so I suspect Samsung to Samsung integration will be slightly better.

KitKat has nice tweaks over jellybean but they are pretty minor.

cp

I have a Samsung tab 2 10.1…

The only negative about it is that Samsung made such a hash of the ‘upgrade’ to android 4.2 from the original 4.1 that it became unusable. I changed to cyanogen mod and its back to being brilliant, but I understand not all users want or are able to do that.

I’d.suggest as above to go for a nexus. Any android device will sync unless you’ve done something weird with Samsung specific apps.

toys19
    Free Member

I have a tab 10.2 and it is excellent.

Tracey

Only had our for a week but seem to work ok. Got an 8 inch and a 10 inch from Asda Direct last week and using voucher codes got £70 off each.

samsungoffer and taboffer at checkout saved

turneround

Cheers all, looks like the nexus for us 🙂

johnnystorm

One thing to consider is that a Galaxy Tab should work exactly like your wife’s phone cutting down the time to get accustomed to it. I’ve got a Galaxy S4 Active and my BIL & SIL have Nexus 4 & 5. I don’t feel that my phone, or Tab2 7″ are actually “crippled”. Certainly many millions of buyers don’t seem to mind them. 😉

If the Asda offer is still going it’s a belter!

MrOvershoot

Like Johnystorm said same company devices do make it easier. I have a Samsung, Galaxy S4, Tab3 8″ Samsung Laptop & Samsung smart TV and they all play well together.
    Not that I’m a Samsung fan-boy, just ended up with what I wanted. Looked at the Nexus Tablets and TBH they looked a bit cheap Tablet in design with huge areas of black plastic around the display??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘advice on samsung galaxy tablet options please’ is closed to new replies.