Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cheap Android Tablet Recommendations???
  • chrissyboy
    Free Member

I had an ‘Ainol’ 7″ (no giggling at the back….) tablet until my 6yo dropped it and borked the screen…

Looking for a replacement, under £100 – any suggestions? Had a quick look on Amazon and it seems a bit of a mixed bag. He just uses it for games and films.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

lovewookie

Second hand Galaxy tab2 come in around the £100. IME it’s really difficult to evaluate what’s good or crap from the chinese cheap tablet market.

Have a look at the used ones on Amazon, I have 2 which have been much more reliable than the superpad that died after 3 months.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a scout. The Ainol was OK apart from the comedy name, and we managed over a year out of it….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I know its a bit over budget: but Tesco Direct are / were selling refurbished Nexus 7’s 16gb for ~ £119. One year warranty.

They seem to crop up regularily in their ebay store. They’re currently only listing 32gb for £135.

Having had cheap “branded” Android before I’d never do that again.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Car phone warehouse are selling new nexus7 16g for £129.. 🙂

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Cheapy Chinese Tablet Anybody got an opinion on something like this??

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Nook HD, 79 quid, class leading screen. Possibly root it.

Cletus
    Free Member

+1 Nook HD

http://uk.nook.com/tablets/nook-hd

Bought one for my 7 year old daughter and it has been great so far.

The tablet has 8GB but can be expanded using a micro SD card.

The Android implementation is bit different from normal but it has run everyone so far and you could always root it to get a vanilla Android experience if desired.

I actually quite like the Nook version – it is really simple to create profiles for individual users and so limit what the kids can do.

The only issue is it does not have a camera so apps that use these are not supported.

PC Pro liked it

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/tablets/378385/barnes-noble-nook-hd

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Great reviews – worth a look I think.

fozzybear
    Free Member

If it’s of any interest I’m selling my nexus 7 32gb for £75 plus postage

lalazar
    Free Member

Where are u based fozzybear

jp-t853

I bought my parents an Acer Iconia B1 which has been great. I paid £100 off ebuyer back in April but I saw Argos outlet doing returns with warranty for £60 recently.

A branded one can be useful if you want to rent films etc as the rooted ones usually aren’t allowed to do that

fozzybear
    Free Member

Kidderminster Worcestershire

phiiiiil

I quite like the look of the Nook HD, and it is rather bargainous; the only thing that puts me off is it apparently takes a non standard charger, rather than micro USB like everything else ever. Is this right? If so, is it a total pain in the rear?

harrytoo
    Free Member

Fozzy,

You have mail,

Cheers,

Steve

Cletus
    Free Member

The Nook does have a non standard interface but the other end of the cable is a standard USB.

It has not been an issue for me as the Nook is used by my daughter so the charger stays mostly at home apart from holidays or weekends away.

If it was used by me then it might be a wee bit painful having to lug the special cable about but no different from an iPad.

kd48

I got an ASUS Iconia for 100 quid with 20 cashback, works ok. Had it for 4/5 months now and incidentally, that’s how long it took before I actually got the 20 quid back in to my account – but I wasn’t letting it go !

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Bought my daughter an HP Slate from Tesco for £99, absolutely loves it. Not sure what the reviews say or what she uses it for but may be worth a look.

clubber
    Free Member

£35ish – see my post here

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/leap-frog-or-other-tablet-for-my-4-year-olds#post-5315351

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hisense pro 7 are pretty good for the money too

dooosuk
    Free Member

Scan and Dabs are both selling gen 1 Nexus 7s for £95.

zippykona

I know its not android but Mrs zip got her dad an iPad 1 off eBay for £105, its like new.
    Far better than the new Samsung I got my dad for £100.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 you can have for £40. It came with my Samsung Note 3. Hardly use it. Few finger prints on it. Comes with box and charger.

takisawa2

bwfc4eva868…if the OP isn’t keen I am.
    My email is in my profile. Thanks.

cp

second in line for that one please bwfc4eva868, would be perfect for my other half.. email address in my profile.

Ta.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Hi Marc, I’ll take it please – drop me an email to chrissyboy1969 at Google mail.com and I’ll sort out the PayPal etc and send you my address. You’ll make my son very happy!! Cheers, Chris.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Android Tablet Recommendations???’ is closed to new replies.