Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Adverts causing lag?
  • stayhigh

Does anyone else find the ad banners down the side of the site cause it to lag and generally run like poo? I find that when I’m loading a page it seems to take forever while the status bar that comes up on the bottom of the screen says things like adclick, googlead etc.

is there anytihg I can do about this as my aged laptop does struggle.

Drac

is there anytihg I can do about this as my aged laptop does struggle.

Premier subscription reduces the Ads.

somouk
    Free Member

I have had this a lot, especially on my windows boxes.

I find that updating the version of flash player to the latest version will help and also making as much use of the Chrome browser instead of others due to the way that it uses flash.

Premier subscription is another option.

CountZero

I can see all the ads on my iPad and iPhone, and neither runs Flash.
    I can’t imagine that the STW webmeisters have ads in both Flash and HTML5, for different platforms, but perhaps they can enlighten me.

weeksy

Yes on my windows box,Voda ones seem to be the main culprits here

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Drac- are you happy with all the Camberley ones – the lady without the wrinkles, the young lad on steroids? They seem to have attached themselves to my computer and creates a separate page on my top sites page. Very weird and very irritating adverts.

footflaps

You could install Flashdance add in to your browser (with Firefox or Chrome), this stops Flash video ads automatically playing and just puts a Play button in their place, you can then chose to play them by clicking on the play button (or not). Too many Flash ads on a web page also kill battery life as it’s a lot of processing to handle.

Drac

Drac- are you happy with all the Camberley ones – the lady without the wrinkles, the young lad on steroids?

We don’t all see the same Ads, if you email us with more info the tech boys will look into them when they can.

stayhigh

I’ve tried clicking on the adchoices option on the ad and then opted to turn them off but this doesnt seem to have had much of an effect.

I had a look for Flashdance which I couldnt find so I’m trying Flashdance instead. As I’ve no interest in taking a premier subscription but dont want to have ad shoved down my throat.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For old times’ sake…

(all the others may have got me a session in the cooler)

neilforrow

Teamhurtmore +1. That old woman / wrinkle one is nauseating.

toys19
    Free Member

I’m suprised you lot have not been banned, and this thread pulled, as the owners of this site get very uppity when you talk about what you have talked about. I know its lame, but its true.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

stayhigh…

“be seeing ya in a few days…” 🙂

stayhigh

Hmmm, it appears I have unwittingly commited an infraction against the powers that be 😯

Sorry an all that chaps 🙂

Cougar

If there’s a problem with an ad, report it.

Personally, I had no end of trouble with Firefox until in a fit of pique I uninstalled Flash. Made a hell of a difference to FF’s performance and stability. If I want to use Flash, I use IE Tab to fall back to IE.

I’m not sure how Flashdance would fit with forum rules. It sounds a reasonable compromise to me, but it’s not my call.

For reference: http://singletrackworld.com/terms-and-conditions/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Adverts causing lag?’ is closed to new replies.