Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • The worst person you've known
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Things were different back then

and in some cases it takes two to tango

Very weak. You’re an apologist for a pedophile.

I didn’t act in the way some of you point out and frankly even now I wouldn’t,

And if it was “different back then” then how come you would still not do anything if the same thing happened now.

Sorry but there is simply no excuse for that.

… it’s all very well bashing bile at a keyboard

You are the one who basically protecting a pedophile, you can’t seriously be trying to claim the moral high ground by slating people for telling you that’s not acceptable 😯

Karinofnine

My physically and verbally abusive step-mother Doria Oakes (nee Dyer), her mother who sexually abused me from age 8 to age 11, Doreen Dyer and my coward of a father Gordon Oakes – who stood by and did nothing to help/save me.

Step-mother used to scream at me “You’re fat, you’re ugly and you’re mad. You don’t belong in this family”. I was **** up for many many years. It hurt so much when I was a kid but now I’m SO GLAD I don’t “belong” to them!

EDIT: God, my hands are shaking just typing this… it was horrendous.

Sandwich

Karin, that’s a ghastly way to grow up. I’d say have a e-hug but it may not be appropriate.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Karinofnine

@Sandwich – thanks for the e-hug

jekkyl

Oh Karin that’s awful mate, i hate hearing of another humans suffering, my soul aches for you as a child I want to reach out a comforting hand to your shoulder.

atlaz
    Free Member

Karin – Horrifying. Glad that you’ve got the “power” over that situation and can talk about it as somewhere as random as a bike forum.

igrf – You should call the police and let them decide who is harmless and who isn’t. Silence is only one step above facilitating

chris_db
    Free Member

I used to know a complete **** who now runs a cycle holiday company – never has the world met anyone as utterly self centred.

Karinofnine

Thanks, I wish I hadn’t posted it really, I feel all upset again – I’m 57 now and it still has the power to upset me. This is why paedophilia is such a terrible crime, it affects you for such a long time (for ever?) – although I don’t often think about it these days. It’s just that I was talking to my aunt on Sunday (my father’s sister) who was apologising for him (he died when I was 21) and is still in touch with step-mother. WHY?! I decided after that conversation to break off all contact with her – it’s never been acknowledged/validated, only by counsellors. Sorry, I’m going on now. I’ll stop.

watsontony
    Free Member

i must be….. i made a spelling mistake one time on a forum*

*may have been more than one time 😳 😳 😆

warton
    Free Member

karinofnine, no need to apologise. terrible way to grow up, my heart goes out to you.

alex222
    Free Member

I met David Blunkett once when I was about 16. Can that count?

philconsequence
    Free Member

igrf… was the girl you caught him with pre or post pubescent? there’s a different between paedophilia and statutory rape. either way, what he did was wrong.

karin, my heart goes out to you. my mum was sexually abused/raped every weekend for about 4 years from the age of 7 by a ‘family friend’ who’d visit, then 2 years after he moved away she was raped by her older brother (both mum and her brother were adopted), on top of that she had an adopted mother who would hold her adopted dad at knifepoint at the dinner table threatening to slit his throat if the kids didn’t finish their meals, used to whip her with dog chains etc. it still messes her up at times, she still uses sex as a weapon at times, struggles emotionally with many things.

so for me its my ‘nan’, she used to scare the shit out of me and i never liked her.

Karinofnine

@phil – hugs to your mum X

igrf
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    Things were different back then
    It takes two to tango
    Do you really think none of those pop stars of the sixties and seventies didn’t take full advantage?
    Sorry dude but abuse is abuse, simple. No excuses, no sharing the blame with a minor. That’s why there is a legal age of consent. RE the 60’s pop starts, hopefully the J. Saville enquiry will bring a few chickens home to roost.

By doing nothing, you are enabling his habits. But that’s your choice. However if I had a “friend” who was a paedo *and* had a pop at my daughter, I’m not sure if I would be quite so relaxed about it.

Everything you say here is perfectly true and sound, I’d question the pop stars of the sixties and seventies Gary Gilter was the tip of the iceberg he was just a sad bastard that couldn’t give it up and the rest is history, but life is a question of priorities and living it and getting by is the number one. Ratting people out to the authorities for my generation is absolute no go territory. Who am I to judge, it’s only now because of this new generation of standards that these things even arise.

I’m not going to get into the morals of what he was doing it was wrong he is a bad person who lingers and has got away with it partly through my compliance. I’ll live with that, there are others, the gay paedo scout leader who had his hands up my shorts on the top of the bus, or wouldn’t leave me alone (or as I subsequently found out at a scout reunion many years later loads of others) who went on to become a teacher. Was that abuse or was that just part of the low level sexual activity that went on amongst young lads in their early teens at scout camp, you don’t know until you’re educated otherwise much later in life you’ll also note the ‘gay’ undercurrent running through this and my firm belief ‘they’ are usually worse than straight folk. However who are we to judge? No real harm is done, you avoid buses, leg it if you see them and fight like a bastard if they catch up with you, then when you”re older a bunch of you corner them outside and beat the living shit out of them. No nanny state or authorities necessary really..

atlaz
    Free Member

igrf – So looking at some of the posts above, you still think letting your child molesting mate get away with it unpunished, right to the level you still associate with him is acceptable. A CHILD is impressionable and who is to say what coercion/persuasion he’s used in order to get them into bed? As for not “ratting people out”, there’s a point where this is not acceptable and you went over that line a long time ago. The fact you’re semi-okay with the fact he tried it on with your kids suggests your moral compass is well and truly ****

I fein a lot of mock horror at what some people write on STW but genuinely, this sort of apologist behaviour is a new low.

bigyinn
    Free Member

igrf, seriously just stop. You’re not going to win the crowd over nor are you doing yourself any favours trying to justify your (lack of) actions.

binners

😯

grievoustim
    Free Member

Igrf – you were coming across pretty terribly , now you’re a homophobe too

Unpleasant

edlong
    Free Member

you’ll also note the ‘gay’ undercurrent running through this and my firm belief ‘they’ are usually worse than straight folk

My opinion regarding your judgement was not particularly high before you said that. However, it has managed to sink yet lower.

thered

I used to work with a guy who was the only misogynst I’ve ever met, he had so little respect for women that it bordered on hatred. Even his mother didn’t like him. He saw them as nothing but objects to be used for his purposes, usually sexual.

Perfect example was when he told me about the birthday present he’d bought for his girlfriend at the time, a girl that he called his “meal ticket” behind her back.

He’d bought her a private no. plate costing about £300 that he’d agreed with her would be for B’day and Christmas, he told me that he was going to buy her a Christmas present anyway. Lovely you may think. No, he was buying her a similarly valued Christmas present in an effort to sweeten her up and convince her to buy him a 4 grand Rolex!

He actually said to me “You’ve got to speculate, to accumalate.”

nealglover
    Free Member

Seriously igrf , there is no way I could accurately describe how shocking your attitude is.

As said above, Your moral compass is **** up !

I don’t know what else to say 😯 just unbelievable.

thered

igrf has got to be trolling

martinhutch

igrf, I can’t believe your attitude. You need to read a couple of subsequent posts to get a flavour of the kind of devastation that abuse can wreak. But you must know that already.

And he went for your own girls? And you tolerated that?

Don’t allow yourself to be tainted by association with this bloke.

igrf has got to be trolling

No-one’s overreacting to what he’s written, so it’s a bit of a backfire really if he is.

Coyote
    Free Member

Ratting people out to the authorities for my generation is absolute no go territory.

Even if they are abusing children? Don’t kid yourself that you are living under some kind of “East End” code of honour. You aren’t. If you are comfortable with shielding a paedophile so be it but I would seriously question your convictions.

#edit: If it is a troll, it is neither a particularly good nor funny one.

I_Ache
    Free Member

In fact I never saw him drink anything other than alcohol when we were on the ski trip.

I genuinely don’t see a problem with that.

Oh and I met Mr Blobby once. Does that count?

igrf
    Free Member

Hey, back off now, I don’t need a bunch of you lecturing me on my moral compass thanks just the same. As I said it was a long time ago, before a lot of you were born, and is no different to those folk who were actually raped by JS and chose to say nothing. It was what we did in those days, you’d have to have lived through it to comment you didn’t so don’t. The thread is about the worse person I know, he’s it, end of. AKAIK it wasn’t rape, I don’t even know what if any sexual act took place, nothing I could prove or disprove, so I did what everybody would have done ignored it.

You have all been bought up in different times, this place has a real disconnect with the real world at the best of times and has absolutely no connect with the life I know, so we’ll beg to differ and I’ll leave it at that, unlike some of you, I don’t consider myself Holy enough to cast the first stone..

Coyote
    Free Member

so I did what everybody would have done ignored it

I must be in a minority then. Especially if a child of mine was involved. Not playing the hard man, but it would have stopped.

and is no different to those folk who were actually raped by JS and chose to say nothing

A lot of them did say something but weren’t believed. Presumably because a good number of people like you allowed it to happen.

I’m out.

edlong
    Free Member

I don’t consider myself Holy enough to cast the first stone

…except about gay people of course, in that case you seem to.

binners

Ratting people out to the authorities for my generation is absolute no go territory.

nealglover
    Free Member

Even if they are abusing children? Don’t kid yourself that you are living under some kind of “East End” code of honour. You aren’t.

He’s just using that croc of shit to avoid doing something that might be a bit “uncomfortable” in his social circle.

wwaswas

I don’t consider myself Holy enough to cast the first stone..

I don’t think reporting a paedophile requires Mother Teresa’s level of sainthood does it? Just some sort of sense of right and wrong and the balls to do the right thing.

It was what we did in those day

Like the casual homophobia you displayed earlier it wasn’t what everyone did (or does).

philconsequence
    Free Member

igrf, people like my mum were abused in the generation you’re talking about, i’m pretty sure she would’ve appreciated somebody speaking up on her behalf.

edlong
    Free Member

Anyone get the feeling this thread might actually be better off not being open now?

philconsequence
    Free Member

whether trolling or not, i know i wont be buying stuff from surf sales. so i’m glad it’s open.

atlaz
    Free Member

You have all been bought up in different times, this place has a real disconnect with the real world at the best of times and has absolutely no connect with the life I know,

Oddly enough my parents are of your generation. My old man was a policeman from the 60s onwards and locked up enough paedophiles and rapists for me to be sure that this was NEVER okay. This isn’t a matter of “times”, it’s a matter of morals.

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone get the feeling this thread might actually be better off not being open now?

Personally I think it’s far better off being left open.

Why close it ?

wwaswas

I too wonder if this is another of the ‘famous’ igrf trolls.

We’ve had the homophobia as per other ones.

It’s a shame that it’s all kicked off after some, frankly, heartbreaking posts from some other people, really.

I can’t believe he’d put surf-sales in this light yet again.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why not? His suppliers don’t seem to give a shit what he does, as long as the sales figures are ok.

atlaz
    Free Member

What about him suggests he wouldn’t? So he’s either a man who thinks child molesting/homophobia is something to joke about or he’s telling the truth in his threads. Either way, not really coming over well.

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘The worst person you've known’ is closed to new replies.