Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what activity tracker?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

whats a good cheap activity tracker, that’s roughly measure calories burned throughout the day?

Cheap as possible, and something that will work with myfitness pal.

main purpose is for measure calories burned, working, and exercising.

Any recommendations?

seosamh77
    Free Member

this any use?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs ws loves the fitbit alta I bought her. Not cheap cheap though at a hundred quids. The sleep function is very amusing to track though as she appears to almost die each night in her sleep 😆

Caher

google fit on your phone

mikewsmith
    Free Member

google fit on your phone

Probably as basic and very full of assumptions – kept claiming I’d gone running and I don’t run. Gave me massive calorie bonus for rolling downhill on the bike to work etc.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-hr/prod531166.html
    Got one of these, solid, reliable, does HR on ANT+ if you have a garmin device etc. Garmin Connect on my Nexus 6 seems solid. Syncs through to MFP – thoug make sure you don’t have multiple things logging the same stuff (Strava/Connect/Google Fit) as you will end up with triple the calorie burns

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

My Wife also loves her Fitbit Alta, measures most activity but concentrates on step count.Good software too which buzzes stats to you via text or e.mail to pat you on the back or remind you to get off your backside & do something!

seosamh77
    Free Member

So I bought the Xiaomi mi band 2. Seems alright for what it is.

Tracks walking and running and out of the box, the heart rate monitor is just press to get the heartrate, but there’s an app you can buy for £1.50 (mi band tools)and it turns on continuous heart rate monitoring, which is good, I can link that into endomondo when I GPS cycling routes(see how that works longterm, but initial tests are ok.). Seems I can setup vibrations as well, so I notifies my when I go above or below certain rates.

All in all for 35 quid, pretty happy with it. Even more so since I got it to do the continuous heart rate monitoring.

All seems reasonably accurate to me, well as accurate as I need anyhow. Gets me more or less a decent reliable calorie count, which is what I was after.

Unfortunately it doesn’t link in with my fitness pal, even through google fit(which is crap btw, I’ve uninstalled that.)

Basically, I use map my fitness to track calories as I’ve been doing, I link that in with endomondo, so I can get cycling calorie surplus into that directly. and if I’ve above calorie could in MFP I just need to make sure that when I’m in the red in MFP , that doesn’t go over the amount that is in the mi band app.

I’ve only been using it for 5 days or so but batttery life without the continuous monitoring looks like it’s around 30 days, if you turn on the continuous monitoring. You’ll get what looks like 4 days or so out of it (Although you can customise it to track specific periods and different rates, or just turn it on when you need it, so you could extend battery life significantly if you use it as and when required.).

The lack of connectivity with MFP was disappointing at first, but I don’t really need that, would be nice though.

Anyhow, does other things, like alarms and you can get notification vibrations from basically any app on your phone, I’ve got it set up whatsapp, messenger and phone calls, good for when you phone is on silent. (though it can go mental with some whatsapp chats, you know how they go, I might turn that off, or atleast see if I can customise the notifications..)

Thumbsup from me. Cheap and does the job I need. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what activity tracker?’ is closed to new replies.